It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Book of Abraham Scroll Length
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:48 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Chap wrote:
Could you link us to your best post on Facsimile 3, please?

jskains has no defense for the false translations offered by Joe Smith.

If it was another self proclaimed prophet from a different religion other than Mormonism who offered up Facismile No. 3 there is no doubt in my mind that jskains would be jumping all over it and crying FRAUD!

Paul O

Here is another cool fact. I don't chase other people's religion to claim them a fraud.

*GASP*

JMS

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:49 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Keep it up, Mr. Potato-head. It's only a matter of time before you have yet another meltdown, and you wind up having to publicly apologize to the entire board for your various lies, insults, and histrionics.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:50 pm 
God

jskains wrote:

I'm gonna blow you away with a shocking factoid. There is a world beyond the Internet.

*GASP*

Like World of WarCraft, I've played Dungeons and Dragons on pen and paper..... So have I gotten together and had interesting verbal debates in *gasp* the REAL WORLD!

Neat, ey?

JMS

OMG.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:54 pm 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Keep it up, Mr. Potato-head. It's only a matter of time before you have yet another meltdown, and you wind up having to publicly apologize to the entire board for your various lies, insults, and histrionics.

Yes, he is very unstable and is all over the place. It appears he is having a breakdown as we speak. It's sad to watch. Thank goodness for the ignore button. Is there anyone on this board that knows how to help him? Liz? Anyone? The boy is nuts.

:neutral:

Paul O

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:57 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

The things is: we know he's a "drama queen." He wound up admitting this himself in the course of that series of apologies he had to offer after telling lie after vicious lie. Even if he hadn't openly admitted to being a "drama queen," it would have been obvious in his postings, including stuff like him polling ZLMB on whether or not he would make a good "Prophet of the CoJCoLDS," the tidbits about his "show-worthy, long-haired weiner," or his various forays into things like "telling stories."

Someone needs to post an image of a Hurricane Warning already. You can sense that the pot is about to boil over.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:58 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Morley wrote:
jskains wrote:

I'm gonna blow you away with a shocking factoid. There is a world beyond the Internet.

*GASP*

Like World of WarCraft, I've played Dungeons and Dragons on pen and paper..... So have I gotten together and had interesting verbal debates in *gasp* the REAL WORLD!

Neat, ey?

JMS

OMG.

No, he's right. Whatever battles you think you've one at Warsong Gulch, that's just pretend. It's just computer stuff. But when my level 12 illusionist uses his rod of absorption to negate your magic missile, now you know s*** just got real. I had to roll dice and move my little lead figurine around the map and everything!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:13 pm 
God

jskains wrote:

*GASP*

Neat, ey?

JMS

Dammit...you already gave me one new sig today and here you are trying to outdo yourself already...I love the use of D&D to establish your connection to the REAL WORLD!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:22 pm 
God

jskains wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:
I refuse to charge after the water boy after being plucked by the pitcher.

Sorry J, but you're just too ignorant on this matter and I don't have the time to hash everything out for you AGAIN. I've done it for you in the past and it just zooms right over your head and then you come back months or years later regurgitating the same FAIR nonsense that has already been rendered obsolete. You've never been interested in this subject so don't pretend to be now.

BTW, it says a lot about your own debate skills when you hide behind the cheap "ignorant" tactic. In a neutral environment, I bet I could easily keep up with you if not surpass you on this issue.

But there it is. You rather play games with your trailertrash companions and hide behind insults and trashtalk.

JMS

I've debated the best apologists who were willing to engage this issue and I defeated them soundly. You're not a worthy opponent J, sorry. You've shown time and time again how disinterested you really are in anything we have to say.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
I've debated the best apologists who were willing to engage this issue and I defeated them soundly. You're not a worthy opponent J, sorry. You've shown time and time again how disinterested you really are in anything we have to say.

ROTFL..

JMS

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:59 pm 
Founder & Visionary

jskains wrote:
You support people threatening other's families, . . .

I don't support that one bit. Not in the slightest.

Quote:
but then ban people over revealing the threat.

"Revealing the threat" is okay, just so long as it's done to the moderators via private channels.

--James, 11/21/2014

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 pm 
Star B

Darth J wrote:
No, he's right. Whatever battles you think you've one at Warsong Gulch, that's just pretend. It's just computer stuff. But when my level 12 illusionist uses his rod of absorption to negate your magic missile, now you know s*** just got real. I had to roll dice and move my little lead figurine around the map and everything!

I know you're trying to be funny, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Illusionist is not a class in the current edition. It's a sub-class of Wizard called Beguiler.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:17 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy

Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
jskains wrote:
BTW, it says a lot about your own debate skills when you hide behind the cheap "ignorant" tactic. In a neutral environment, I bet I could easily keep up with you if not surpass you on this issue.

I call for a pinned thread in the Celestial for Kevin and Josh where JSkains can set his own rules for this debate.

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:19 pm 
God

Seconded.

Motion carries!

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy

Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
I further call for the thread in question to be closed to all other posters so that the debate can go it's own route. All posts being moved with offending posters being suspended for 24 hrs for failure to pay attention to the special rules in that special debate thread so Josh and Kevin can debate without distraction.

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.

Last edited by Bond James Bond on Tue May 15, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 pm 
Anti-Mormon

jskains wrote:
Absolutely. Your statement that because of my response to Chris, I can not be taken seriously, by definition is flawed logically. Just because you disagree with my response to Chris does not have any relationship to how seriously, I as a person, should be taken.

Ad-Hom isn't a formal fallacy, it is informal and has more to do with rhetoric and style. Pointing out an Ad-Hom never renders an argument invalid.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:24 pm 
Anti-Mormon

And Skains debating Kevin is unfair to Skains, he is simply not equiped to deal with Kevin on a debate level.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:45 pm 
abstract

jskains wrote:
Here is another cool fact. I don't chase other people's religion to claim them a fraud.

*GASP*

JMS

Here's another cool fact... you continually dodge criticism while claiming others make fun of your religion. You're an imposter who can't acknowledge fact. I'll make fun of you just for being ignorant of the data you refuse to acknowledge.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 pm 
Bond James Bond wrote:
I further call for the thread in question to be closed to all other posters so that the debate can go it's own route. All posts being moved with offending posters being suspended for 24 hrs for failure to pay attention to the special rules in that special debate thread so Josh and Kevin can debate without distraction.

Cage Match!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 pm 
Prophet

J, I don't understand why you simply don't ignore the posts that you feel treat you poorly and respond to Chris, who offered a well thought out response and treated you with the respect you feel you deserve.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 am 
God

brade wrote:
J, I don't understand why you simply don't ignore the posts that you feel treat you poorly and respond to Chris, who offered a well thought out response and treated you with the respect you feel you deserve.

Simple. Unfortunately Josh is a hypocrite. I find his posts filled with as much venom as anyone else here. For some reason he doesn't seem to see it. He even directs it at people like Chris who has treated him so well and has been trying to engage him. He never had a real response he was working on and is using other peoples insults as an excuse to get out of a discussion he knows will not go well for him. I find his behavior shameful and dishonest. The only way he can redeem himself is to apologize to Chris, and then try to engage his arguments. He doesn't have any problem engaging all the non-substantive posts, so why is he ignoring the few substantive ones?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 am 
God

jskains,

Ignore the peanut gallery

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next