It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Allen Wyatt, Mike Parker & FAIR: A Growing Fear of Dehli
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 am 
Seedy Academician

Elder Oaks to Hamblin: "You must burn the book."

Hamblin to Elder Oaks: "I will not burn the book."

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:43 am 
God

From Dehlin's thread:
Equality wrote:
I would hope that apologies would be forthcoming from stem

stemelbow wrote:
I'm sorry. I don't know what you have in mind about what wrong doing I did, but I'm quick to apologize generally (ask my wife).

"...on the other thread were engaging in character assassination in an attempt to et the focus off the reprehensible actions of Smith, Midgley, Peterson, and company."

What character assassination are you attempting to foist upon me?

stem,

I said I wasn't going to get in a tit-for-tat with you on John's thread, so I won't. I refer you to the first 22 pages of this thread, in which you repeatedly attacked John, said he was making up stories, and questioned his credibility. He has now provided enough information to prove that he was telling the truth about the fact that there was a hit piece authored by Greg Smith that DCP was going to publish, and that GAs intervened to put the kibosh on it. You owe John an apology for saying he was lying about it. The apologists have admitted as much and are now busy tearing John down for his "reprehensible" behavior in "censoring" what appears might have been a defamatory article about him.

You continue to smear him with personal attacks at the MDDB, including this statement:
Quote:
It seems unfair to blame the pains of loss of faith on people like Daniel Peterson. I think John took a terribly uncharitable, harsh, and mean-spirited turn when he went there.

Why so hostile to John Dehlin, stem? What did he ever do to you? Why so keen on defending DCP, et al. in all of this?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:10 am 
God

static wrote:
The document probably doesn't exist. If it does, it's probably a mild critique, not a hit piece the shock therapists want to make it out to be.
mormonstories said so himself.

Where did static go...... :lol:

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:11 am 
God

Drifting wrote:
static wrote:
The document probably doesn't exist. If it does, it's probably a mild critique, not a hit piece the shock therapists want to make it out to be.
mormonstories said so himself.

He'll be back. Though possibly with a different color ink.

Christopher Ralph: The discovery that the creators of South Park place a higher value on historical authenticity than do the Brethren creates spiritual shock-waves from which some members never recover.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:19 am 
God

Chap wrote:
Drifting wrote:

He'll be back. Though possibly with a different color ink.

Very John Gee'esque.....

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:33 am 
God

What I find really sad about all this, for what it is worth, is that the UVU conference on Mormonism and the Internet was such a good example of people getting together and co-operating to find a way through all this. The Church has told its members to be more visible on the internet but without giving them the necessary knowledge and skills with which to do a good job of it. They are going like lambs to the slaughter in my opinion. I really felt that the UVU conference was worth watching because it highlighted the differences in approach and sought to give understanding in a constructive and rational manner in terms of what has been going on over the last few years with regard to disillusionment and apostasy. Scott represented the apologists well. John the middle way, and Rosemary a non-mormon perspective.

I'm absolutely horrified, seriously, that John was approached at the conference and that there were attempts to tie him to the deaths of two missionaries in his mission. No wonder the man felt that the article would be a 'smear campaign', that would ultimately damage the church rather than himself. I am literally gob-smacked and so disappointed that those whom I respect would use such tactics.

I'm just baffled by the whole thing.

Oh well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22