Thews, you and Albion appear to have been brainwashed by anti Mormon propaganda.
Are all of your counter arguments based on the "I'm rubber and you're glue" inversion tactic? I use facts and post data that can be referenced. You post nothing but a non-specific opinion followed by another incorrect use of an exclamation point in order to imply you've actually made a point, when you haven't even stated what point you disagree with.
I suggest you check out FAIR about your claims! Your arguments are also so shallow!
You haven't even acknowledged my claims. The six points I presented can be validated by data from Fair. If you believe you can argue with data against anything I've posed, please do, but I know how people like you work; here's how your brain works:
1) Believe everything you're told to believe without questioning it or investigating the data, or lack of data to support the claim.
2) When presented with factual data you can't rationalize, find a supposed parallel fact that negates it... in the LDS world, two false things equal something.
3) After claiming things that are factually true are not and you're painted in a corner, instead of just admitting the truth, run away from the argument claiming it's anti, when all it is, is the truth that's kept from you.
For reference... please tell me one thing that incorrect (note you already failed on #5 and just ran away from the data proving you wrong on #4).
1) Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon using occult seer stones he owned before the supposed angels appeared to him through a stove-pipe hat. The first seer stone was found by looking through the green stone of a necromancer (Sally Chase).
2) The "first" vision has so many versions you must accept the version you're told to accept while rejecting the previous versions.
3) The Book of Abraham is an absolute farce and has nothing to do with the pagan documents the LDS church hides from you... nothing.
4) Polygamy is a requirement in the Joseph Smith version of heaven and anyone (according to the D&C) who rejects it will be damned.
5) LDS doctrine is racist and there is no doubt about that. While they will tell you that "dark" doesn't mean skin color, if you accept that then why were the rules changed in 1978? It does mean skin color... wake up.
6) The Kinderhook plates (a known hoax) were translated by Joseph Smith... how do you rationalize this?
Of course, anyone who has been commanded to practice polygamy and doesn't would be damned, however, it was only a small percentage who were allowed to practice it!
What? Where did you get "small percentage" in the above? Care to use data and post its source? Here... I'll show you how to make a factual point using factual information: http://www.mormonwiki.org/Polygamy
"From [Joseph Smith] I learned that the doctrine of plural and celestial marriage is the most holy and important doctrine ever revealed to man on the earth, and that without obedience to that principle, no man can ever attain to the fulness of exaltation in celestial glory." - William Clayton, Historical Record, Vol. 6, pp. 225-227
Do you think that Joseph would teach all the rest that they were damned?!?
Joseph Smith "taught" what he needed to in order to get what he wanted, which was young girls. If you know anything about the Sarah Ann Whitney letter it's all there in black and white. You can choose to believe the hypothetical stories you're told to believe, or instead read the words he wrote, which explicitly convey that the only
condition it was not
safe for Sarah's parents to bring her over was if his wife Emma was there... he states it twice.
For reference: http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/16-Sa ... hitney.htm
The rest of your arguments are shallow also; just check out FAIR!
Again you make no point but to bucketize the facts as "shallow" without even stating what you're talking about. Be specific... what data have I posted that's incorrect? What data have you posted... nothing, because you have nothing but fodder to rely on as the truth.