Calmoriah and "the small beginnings of apostasy"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Is Wikipedia the authority on everything now? Would you accept Wikipedia on Mormonism as the ultimate authority on what is and what isn't. If you sons and husband are happy being feminist fine. Something tells me you've influenced them quite a bit, shall I say brainwashed?

No thank you. I've had enough experience with feminists to draw my own conclusions.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

ajax18 wrote:Is Wikipedia the authority on everything now? Would you accept Wikipedia on Mormonism as the ultimate authority on what is and what isn't. If you sons and husband are happy being feminist fine. Something tells me you've influenced them quite a bit, shall I say brainwashed?

No thank you. I've had enough experience with feminists to draw my own conclusions.

Actually I do accept Wikipedia as the final say on many things so there. Of course I have influenced them you NITWIT

That is to bad that you think I deserve to be paid less than a man.....well we know your true colors know don't we
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I don't think women should have all the rights men do, plus their own and none of the responsibilities. That's what feminism comes down to. If I were to question you long enough that's what it would come down to, but you're not exactly a rational person who gives straight answers are you, so it'd be pointless for me to try. It'd be easier to nail jello to the wall.

You're putting words in my mouth about the pay thing. Here's the way it looks now. Men and women are paid equally, but men still have to pay for dates and most of the bills. Really fair, huh? That's the reality. You say that it worked out different in your situation. You say I'm only talking about one instance perhaps. No you just don't recognize my experience. That's why I say you can't see a man's perspective. It's as if you're blind to it. I acknowledge unfairness to women, but they won't aknowledge their unfairness to me. They're too busy asserting their own rights. If you'd show me that you could stand up for equality on both sides of the coin, I might be more willing help get equality as well. As it is now, we're at war, and I don't expect that to change.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

ajax18 wrote:I don't think women should have all the rights men do, plus their own and none of the responsibilities. That's what feminism comes down to. If I were to question you long enough that's what it would come down to, but you're not exactly a rational person who gives straight answers are you, so it'd be pointless for me to try. It'd be easier to nail jello to the wall.

You're putting words in my mouth about the pay thing. Here's the way it looks now. Men and women are paid equally, but men still have to pay for dates and most of the bills. Really fair, huh? That's the reality. You say that it worked out different in your situation. You say I'm only talking about one instance perhaps. No you just don't recognize my experience. That's why I say you can't see a man's perspective. It's as if you're blind to it. I acknowledge unfairness to women, but they won't aknowledge their unfairness to me. They're too busy asserting their own rights. If you'd show me that you could stand up for equality on both sides of the coin, I might be more willing help get equality as well. As it is now, we're at war, and I don't expect that to change.

Really? My wife and I always swapped who paid when we were dating. Seemed only fair.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

ajax18 wrote:I don't think women should have all the rights men do, plus their own and none of the responsibilities. That's what feminism comes down to. If I were to question you long enough that's what it would come down to, but you're not exactly a rational person who gives straight answers are you, so it'd be pointless for me to try. It'd be easier to nail jello to the wall.

When you say things like "we're at war" and "I don't think women should have all the rights men do", I wonder at your experience. It sounds like you obviously have some issues with some of society's gender rules.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Myhusband and I have always had one checking account...one savings account...our money is our money...

We can buy whatever our hearts desire.....do we???? no....

Has he ever made me feel like I have had to ask permission before I buy something????? NO

I am not collecting a pay check right now...I am in school with his blessings...and support...

When we were dating we took turns in paying for our dates with each other seemed like it was fair...

Am I worried he will leave me and take everything no not really.....I trust this man with my life....

He has never done anything to not deserve my trust...

Will I be with this man until I die...you better believe it!!!!!!
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

If the two of you would repent and go to the temple, you wouldent be separated after the day you die.

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Gazelam wrote:If the two of you would repent and go to the temple, you wouldent be separated after the day you die.

Gaz

Repent in this case means "violate your conscience and go back to a manipulative religion."