Great new video on YouTube starring Hinck and Dew

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Great new video on YouTube starring Hinck and Dew

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb26n1CnnjM

About half way through(1:05), Brokaw asks Hinck if he would get garments after he became a member.. watch Hinck jump!

Great collection of Hinck-denials.. now if they can add in the Man-God denials that would be perrrfect!

Another great one on Hinck double speaking about the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngszEaXeWsM

Another good one on the human porch spam program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2u9venJyUo
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I never figured out why they put missionaries down so much when you'd think they'd want to build them up. I guess maybe guilt motivation just works better for them than a carrot. I think it shows secretly how little they really care about the people they lead.

They actually sent us out knocking doors during combined priesthood/relief society meeting this past Sunday. It seems like every ward I've been in, regardless of how disenchanted I must seem with Church, I'm called as a ward missionary or assistant ward mission leader. I remember the Stake president jumping all over my case and my bishops case about not having any success. We were working. People just weren't interested. One of these days I'm going to tell him. Why don't you get out here and see if you can do any better. You get the luxury of manipulating people that have already been bamboozled. You don't even have to be nice to them, and usually you aren't. Come try that on the general population like you make us do. It always amazed me how the Church put some of the most selfish and prideful missionaries in leadership positions in the mission. They didn't want someone who would love the missionaries and make them feel a sense of gratitude and work out of that motivation. They wanted someone who would brow beat them into submission. I guess the selfish prideful jerks had no problem with this since they didn't care about the other missionaries in the first place.
They wonder why missionaries leave the Church after they get back. I stayed because I knew my family would disown me if I didn't, and I needed their help to get started in life. But after my mission I wanted to get as far away from the Church as I could.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

ajax18 wrote:I never figured out why they put missionaries down so much when you'd think they'd want to build them up. I guess maybe guilt motivation just works better for them than a carrot. I think it shows secretly how little they really care about the people they lead.

They actually sent us out knocking doors during combined priesthood/relief society meeting this past Sunday. It seems like every ward I've been in, regardless of how disenchanted I must seem with Church, I'm called as a ward missionary or assistant ward mission leader. I remember the Stake president jumping all over my case and my bishops case about not having any success. We were working. People just weren't interested. One of these days I'm going to tell him. Why don't you get out here and see if you can do any better. You get the luxury of manipulating people that have already been bamboozled. You don't even have to be nice to them, and usually you aren't. Come try that on the general population like you make us do. It always amazed me how the Church put some of the most selfish and prideful missionaries in leadership positions in the mission. They didn't want someone who would love the missionaries and make them feel a sense of gratitude and work out of that motivation. They wanted someone who would brow beat them into submission. I guess the selfish prideful jerks had no problem with this since they didn't care about the other missionaries in the first place.
They wonder why missionaries leave the Church after they get back. I stayed because I knew my family would disown me if I didn't, and I needed their help to get started in life. But after my mission I wanted to get as far away from the Church as I could.

Tal told me that GA William Bradford had described missionaries as "culls," meaning the people who aren't quite good enough to do anything else in the church. Every GA that spoke in our mission did nothing but berate the missionaries for their lack of faith, their laziness, etc. This in a mission where most of us were sick most of the time (at least 60 were bedridden at any given time), where we dealt with horrible living conditions, and where we dealt with more than a little hostility (2 missionaries were murdered there after I went home).

It seems to me that the missionaries are "where the rubber meets the road." When numbers aren't good enough, it must be the missionaries' fault. You're absolutely right about how the leadership treats missionaries.