It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:38 am 
θεά

Nomad wrote:
No, he's currently in Rome trying to forget that people like you guys really do exist.

And yet, he had time to swing by here yesterday and change his "Will Schryver" avatar, right around the time you started posting here again.

But you two are, like, totally not the same person. We get it.

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 am 
God

MsJack wrote:
And yet, he had time to swing by here yesterday and change his "Will Schryver" avatar, right around the time you started posting here again.

But you two are, like, totally not the same person. We get it.

That is a pretty awesome new avatar, as it combines the scarecrow with crucifixion imagery. Speaks volumes.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:11 am 
θεά

Runtu wrote:
That is a pretty awesome new avatar, as it combines the scarecrow with crucifixion imagery. Speaks volumes.

Reminds me of the "scarecrow" scene from Jeepers Creepers 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzLq1BoLxQc

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter

Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schry
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 am 
God

-

Last edited by Hasa Diga Eebowai on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:43 pm 
God

Hello,

An interesting dialogue with Ms. KA...

Kimberly,

Actually, the comments were made here. I'm much more "respectable" when I post on the MAD board. You know, when in Rome ...

So. Mr. Schryver "acts more respectable" when he knows he's under more scrutiny... Hrm...

Anyway, you're correct in concluding that I'm not the "Peter Priesthood" that some people have tried to paint me as. I have several "rough edges," so to speak. And, frankly, I'm not that interested in having them smoothed over at this point in my life. There are enough colorless Mormons without me adding to their number.

Ok. So Mr. Schryver admits that he's a little "rough edged", and hence his use of vivid sexually tinged homosexual imagery.

KA Said:

Quote:
Now, if I only knew what Silentkid meant by spunk toast...

Believe me, you don't want to know. Contrary to Kevin's suggestions that I was not familiar with the more vulgar connotations for "circle jerk" back when I first used the phrase -- I was.

So, Mr. Schryver admits that he knew exactly what he was saying and that it was meant in its sexual connotation.

I guess I simply trusted that its evolved meaning would have superseded the original in the minds of the readers here. In retrospect (and having read Polygamy Porter's and Schmo's posts, I'm sure you'll agree) I can now see that I was making an incorrect assumption. In a place where masturbation has attained unto the status of the first fundamental right of self-expression, one should also assume that all language will be reduced to its lowest common denominator.

So. Mr. Schryver "assumed" that his use of a sexually tinged homosexual comment would be "elevated" to the idea that it's just a bunch of guys high-fiving each other was misconstrued even though he himself admitted that he's an "edgy" guy who knew the most commonly accepted description of "circle jerk".

Uh huh. I suppose his next explanation of "limp biscuit" is that he was really meaning that someone simply was proffering a flaccid argument, or some such nonsense

V/R
Dr. Cam

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:55 pm 
God

Hello,

More Mr. Schryver's flirtation with Ms. KA:

Per Kimberly Ann’s request, and because my heart is still twitterpated at the recollection of her in slinky black dress, I am posting my reply from the other thread, along with the reply I made to Ryan’s subsequent questions:

* insert some weird Star Trek-Holy Ghost analogy here*

By the way, KA, even though I get e-mails back suggesting that mine sent to you were rejected for exceeding the size limitation, they are apparently getting through to you. I sent you some more songs. I also recorded a couple of my own compositions on my keyboard this afternoon, and I sent those to you just for the heck of it.

A married Mormon man, a Priesthood holder, is composing songs, and sending them to a woman he has publicly announced his lust for. I really wonder if Ms. Belinda knows about this. Let me tell you. Sharing music is already a flirtatious behavior, but composing music for... That's a different thing.

V/R
Dr. Cam

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Mon May 30, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:13 pm 
God

Nomad wrote:
MsJack:
Quote:
Speak for yourself, Belinda Damon Hammer.

I see that you aren’t too particular about what lies you believe, as long as they further your agenda.

Quote:
This was the entire post made under the handle WilliamSchryver on March 23, 2009:

Will has, on several occasions, denied having made this post and denied posting under the name “WilliamSchryver”. How and by whom it was made to appear (earlier in this thread) that he acknowledged making the post is a mystery that remains to be uncovered. But considering how the “c***” lie was built, I wouldn’t put anything past the moderators and members of this message board.

This isn't unusual at all here, Nomad. In the past, someone posted here as Selek and attacked me on several occasions personally. I asked Selek at the MADboard why he had done so and it turns out it wasn't him at all.

Indeed, years ago someone posted here as me (I forget if they used Droopy or the old Coggins handle) for a short period. Then there have been all the David Bednar and Boyd Packer posts.

Scratch has, on a few occasions, created quotations from me that did not in fact exist and then used them in block quotes as if I had made the statements within.

Nothing is impossible here, absolutely nothing.

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Mon May 30, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:15 pm 
God

Hello Mr. Loran Blood,

Do you deny attacking the posters on this board on a personal level?

V/R
Dr. Cam

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:19 pm 
the very elect

I thought Loran took his ball and went home?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:20 pm 
God

Droopyat 2:16 pm wrote:
Farewell, to one and all.

Fin.

Droopy at 5:13 pm wrote:

Including someone posting as Droopy only three hours after we know that the real Droopy already left the building?

Must be another of those evil fake posts like the ones that poor Schryver suffers from so often?

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:29 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:

This isn't unusual at all here, Simon. In the past, someone posted here as Selek and attacked me on several occasions personally. I asked Selek at the MADboard why he had done so and it turns out it wasn't him at all.

Indeed, years ago someone posted here as me (I forget if they used Droopy or the old Coggins handle) for a short period. Then there have been all the David Bednar and Boyd Packer posts.

Scratch has, on a few occasions, created quotations from me that did not in fact exist and then used them in block quotes as if I had made the statements within.

Between Droopy and "Nomad", we're getting a picture into how some people maintain faith in the LDS church.

Will admitted making the statement in question, after he initially denied making the statement in question. In response to his admission, Droopy and Nomad are willing to believe that the moderators altered Will's post in order to create a fake confession, and then Will didn't make any objection to the mods having done so.

Wow. I mean, wow.

So what we have here is two believers preferring to believe the most fanciful, unsupported nonsense rather than be forced to relinquish their cherished belief in Will's innocence.

That is apologia in a nutshell.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:31 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
That is apologia in a nutshell.

Hello,

QFT.

V/R
Dr. Cameron

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:33 pm 
God

Quote:
The fact is there have been quite a few LDS apologists who have expressed concern with Will's behavior.

Then let's have the names and the specific criticisms, right here, and right now.

It seems, for some reason, quite odd to me that someone like David Bokovoy (who has strong philosophical differences with Will on an issue wholly disconnected from BofA origin theory to the point, as witnessed long ago on the "United Firm" thread, of taking criticism of his views in a very personal way) who is a staunch defender and supporter of the Church, would contact a foam flecked, red faced critic of the Church like Kevin Graham, who is, without doubt, one of the most viscous, rabid, obnoxious, intemperate, and poorly educated critics of the Church since Loftes Tryk.

Why would David Bokovoy seek out an emotionally and psychologically unstable individual such as Kevin Graham, and not talk to John Gee, or Royal Skousen, or someone of that caliber?

It just doesn't seem...well, to all hang together very well.

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Mon May 30, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:40 pm 
God

pseudo-Droopy wrote:

Maybe that is because there are elements in pseudo-Droopy's assumptions about the world that require critical examination?

[This can't be the real Droopy of course, 'counta that one already went and quit.]

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:41 pm 
God

Chap wrote:
pseudo-Droopy wrote:

Maybe that is because there are elements in pseudo-Droopy's assumptions about the world that require critical examination?

[This can't be the real Droopy of course, 'counta that one already went and quit.]

Also he calls Nomad "Simon." The real Droopy would never do that.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:46 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
Droopy wrote:

This isn't unusual at all here, Simon. In the past, someone posted here as Selek and attacked me on several occasions personally. I asked Selek at the MADboard why he had done so and it turns out it wasn't him at all.

Between Droopy and "Nomad", we're getting a picture into how some people maintain faith in the LDS church.

Quote:
Will admitted making the statement in question, after he initially denied making the statement in question. In response to his admission, Droopy and Nomad are willing to believe that the moderators altered Will's post in order to create a fake confession, and then Will didn't make any objection to the mods having done so.

I'm not making any assertions regarding that at all. I am saying, however, that other posters here have engaged in, what I would term "commando posting," in which deception and diversion is used to set posters against each other, and create text in other poster's names that does not exist.

That kind of thing, however, is longstanding, classic behavior among anti-Mormons, both from the secular world and from within evangelical Protestantism. Just the "bitter fruits of apostasy" perhaps.

Quote:
Wow. I mean, wow.

You'll get over it.

Quote:
So what we have here is two believers preferring to believe the most fanciful, unsupported nonsense rather than be forced to relinquish their cherished belief in Will's innocence.

I followed Jack's links. I looked at Will's defense of himself. My response overall has been that while I think Will said things, on rare occasions, that were inappropriate and intemperate (as I have done, but not on the same subjects as Will), the charges of "misogyny" and of gross moral failings are both deeply hypocritical, given who pounced upon them here with the most gusto, transparently tendentious, and wildly exaggerated.

And that is anti-Mormonism, and its supporting ligaments, in a nutshell.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Mon May 30, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:46 pm 
Seedy Academician

beastie wrote:

Frankly, it is surreal. But then, the whole damn thing is surreal. I really don't know what to make of it. As for the reaction of people like Droopy and Wade, all I can say is that it is a testament to how much hatred we have provoked in some people. I can't believe that they love Will so much as detest us to the point that they can only conclude that we are really responsible for Will's current predicament. As much as I like and respect Jack, I simply can't give this board that much credit. In my opinion it is Will who must have done himself in. After all, he has direct access to the people at NAMI. If he was unable to make his case to them, that says something about his case, not about us. We are, for the most part, unimportant, anonymous ciphers on the internet just shooting the bull.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:53 pm 
God

Quote:

There, I fixed it. Happy?

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:56 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
Quote:

There, I fixed it. Happy?

Actually, very. : )

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:00 pm 
God

Quote:
As for the reaction of people like Droopy and Wade, all I can say is that it is a testament to how much hatred we have provoked in some people.

It is not hatred, in any sense, but deep, unflinching, existential pity that drives much of what we do.

The bombastic hypocrisy of the term "hate" as applied to the feelings of apologists regarding critics of the church of the kind who congregate here is noted.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Mon May 30, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:09 pm 
God

Blixa wrote:

There, I fixed it. Happy?[/quote]

Actually, very. : )

Image[/quote]

- Thomas Sowell

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next