It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Top Ten Reasons to be Excited About General Conference
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:54 pm 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
Damn wily coyotes! ;)

Anyway, now that I have, once again, aroused the entire pack and set their teeth on edge, I think I'll leave you all to your ravening revels. It's been fun, in a mildly amusing sort of way, but now I have a guitar that's calling my name ... I learned The Cave (Mumford and Sons) the other day, and I need to polish it up a bit. (Great song, by the way, if you're into the British Isles/Appalachian Hillbilly/Folk Rock kind of thing like I am.)

I had you pegged for just a hillbilly, period. Apparently you're a renaissance hillbilly. :-)

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:12 pm 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
Damn wily coyotes! ;)

Anyway, now that I have, once again, aroused the entire pack and set their teeth on edge, I think I'll leave you all to your ravening revels. It's been fun, in a mildly amusing sort of way, but now I have a guitar that's calling my name ... I learned The Cave (Mumford and Sons) the other day, and I need to polish it up a bit. (Great song, by the way, if you're into the British Isles/Appalachian Hillbilly/Folk Rock kind of thing like I am.)

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 pm 
High Priest

consiglieri wrote:
Now I just have to find a truly lovely young lady . . .

Have you asked your wife for recommendations? I'm sure she'd be glad to help! ;-)

Don

[Edited to make it even more raucously funny....]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:01 am 
God

Hello,

Mr. Consiglieri could always asks Mr. Will "Emma Smith was an insufferable ____" Schryver's wife for a recommendation. After all, if she's the kind of woman "you'd have to masturbate to" she most likely keeps similar company. Birds of a feather after all...

V/R
Dr. Cam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 am 
2nd Counselor

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
... the kind of woman "you'd have to masturbate to" ...

Yet another example of the misattribution to me of things I did not and would never say. Of course, truth is not much of a concern here ...
On another note, a poster at Mormon Dialogue & Discussion Board called "mercyngrace" logged this somewhat cryptic post in the Mormon Dialogue & Discussion Board mirror thread to this one (locked as I prepared the following reply):

Quote:
[quoting my coprophagia reference from above]

...based as it is in the practice of coprophagia...?

I'm not sure why (or even if) mercyngrace finds this statement offensive in some way, but being a horse owner now for a good part of my life, I am quite familiar with the swarms of flies that gather to a fresh pile of manure, and make it the primary source of their diet. This phenomenon is remarkably similar to the behavior I have observed in The Great and Spacious Trailer Park© over the course of the past five years.

In any case, the articulation of this observation is certainly a representative example of the degree of "vile" in my substantial corpus of message board posts. I will leave it to others to determine the degree to which I am worthy of condemnation for the same.

I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 am 
The Outcast

Runtu wrote:
Will Schryver wrote:
Damn wily coyotes! ;)

I had you pegged for just a hillbilly, period. Apparently you're a renaissance hillbilly. :-)

Please, runtu, the PC term is "Appalacian-American".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:47 pm 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
I'm not sure why (or even if) mercyngrace finds this statement offensive in some way,

I, too, do not know if mercyngrace found your statement offensive, but in a subsequent post (that you did not copy and paste), she said she came over here looking because you invited her (and anybody else on MDD Board) to do so, and then she posted that she didn't have time to spend on it anymore, adding a link to the thirteenth article of faith.

I would say you made quite the impression, Will.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11