Why I like Paul Osborne

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Why I like Paul Osborne

Post by _moksha »

It was fun to see posts by Truth Dancer, Gazelem, and others who have been translated into that fabled land of non-posting. I miss them.

Paul as Shulem has certainly taken a different approach with his Book of Abraham passion.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

moksha wrote:It was fun to see posts by Truth Dancer, Gazelem, and others who have been translated into that fabled land of non-posting. I miss them.

Paul as Shulem has certainly taken a different approach with his Book of Abraham passion.

At some point, this board needs some sort of reunion/meet up. It does suck to see so many names not posting. This board will always be the real grounds of open Mormon talk. Reddit is pretty lame. Here, we got to watch apologists battle with Kish, The Dude, Runtu, Shades, Scratch, I can't name them all. This site is the best.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:Boy the times they be a changin!!!! From the Mormon caterpillar to the free butterfly.

That sounds like a good analogy. Living a life of Mormonism was drudgery and following all the silly rules they dictate was like junior high school. Now it's happiness and freedom living a life without Mormonism.

Woo hoo, I'm free! I can sip coffee and pour myself a drink without any guilt. Guilt is a thing of the past. Guilt is how Mormons live and they are constantly having to get rid of their guilt by relying on a make-believe Jesus in order to get forgiven.

Good riddance Jesus! Good riddance Mormonism and all the guilt it causes. All I ever wanted was a beer and a sip of coffee! All I ever wanted was to sin!

Sinning is wonderful and marvelous! Such joy!

:lol:
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

lostindc wrote:This site is the best.

I wholeheartedly concur. :-)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Oh frick(keeping the rules!).

I have been on this board for over 12 years now.

Even though I am a far, far, less active poster, its always good times, right here in Shady Acres®!

Who remembers the late night chat sessions? That was fun.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Dr. Shades wrote:
lostindc wrote:This site is the best.

I wholeheartedly concur. :-)

You are now the Stake president of the Shady Acres® stake!
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I have really, really, learned to appreciate and love Paul Osborne. He's an amazing guy!

People, he really is a good guy in real life. He's a wonderful guy and you'd really enjoy being around him. Paul is a sweet and kind person in real life. His Internet personality is a bit of an act and is a way for him to explore his personality and express his opinions and assert his ideas.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

lostindc wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 pm
I arrived on this site with the same Mormon zeal.
I arrived on this site with a Mormon seal. He liked to toot his own horn.

Paul has gone through many changes. I have always wished him the best whether as a wild-eyed Book of Abraham apologist or as a wild-eyed critic. Three cheers for Shulem! I'm positive his debate partners at Beliefnet felt the same way.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Oh WOW!! What a thread!
Paul Osborne wrote:Your head will be crushed on Judgment Day.
Awesome. Simply awesome. I have a sibling who desperately needs to have someone tell him that. Maybe it will be me, now that I have such stunning material on which to draw.
Shulem wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:28 am
I have really, really, learned to appreciate and love Paul Osborne. He's an amazing guy!

People, he really is a good guy in real life. He's a wonderful guy and you'd really enjoy being around him. Paul is a sweet and kind person in real life. His Internet personality is a bit of an act and is a way for him to explore his personality and express his opinions and assert his ideas.
I am so glad you can love and appreciate your best self. It’s a tough journey out, isn’t it?

I knew I always loved you, and now I know a little more why. Thank you, my friend.