It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:12 pm 
The Outcast

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 am
Posts: 17063
As promised, I have opened this thread as a help for those who may desire to return to rational thinking but who currently believe they can't because of how they now do whatever the Brethren tell them to do--most particularly certain controversial elements of thinking such as thinking for one's self and drawing fact based conclusions, coming to the realization that something does not exist just because you hope so (no matter how hard you hope it), etc.

At the outset, I pledge my commitment in this thread to engage in my usual, jovial satire.

Through the course of this thread I hope to highlight certain principles (like prioritization and perspective) and life-strategies (like problem resolution and decision-making methodologies) that may lend themselves to the desire at hand.

In terms of clarifying my intents and setting reasonable expectations, as mentioned in the other thread, I am not here to re-convert or to try and talk people back into thinking reasonably. I simply wish to suggest ways that a return to full thinking might be accomplished by those who so wish. And, I am offering no guarantees, only increased chances.

With that introduction out of the way, let's begin to establish the context and then apply some of the methodologies yet to be discussed.

If one clicks on Google and searches for information about various aspects of early COTPOTCOJCOLDS history, one will see that the first order of business is to gather facts.

And, given that the ultimate goal of thinking clearly is making informed, fact-based decision, then if one desires to begin thinking for herself or himself again, the facts are there. One can search for facts even if one currently believes in the myths of God, the Son, the Savior of mankind.

Will you do so?

Sox.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm
Posts: 19271
Location: Koloburbia
sock puppet wrote:
Will you do so?

Sox.


Miley Cyrus would ask for the best of both worlds. That sounds fine by me. There is a time for rationality and a time for a leap of faith.

_________________
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:38 pm 
High Priest

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 pm
Posts: 380
Nah. I'm going to stick with the eternal celestial sex.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:08 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:05 pm
Posts: 11830
Physician, heal thyself.

_________________
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:45 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 4947
sock puppet wrote:
Will you do so?


Yes. Been there, done that. What now?

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

_________________
"Why should I care about being consistent?" --Mister Scratch (MD, '08)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:55 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:48 pm
Posts: 18536
Quote:
As promised, I have opened this thread as a help for those who may desire to return to rational thinking but who currently believe they can't because of how they now do whatever the Brethren tell them to do--most particularly certain controversial elements of thinking such as thinking for one's self and drawing fact based conclusions, coming to the realization that something does not exist just because you hope so (no matter how hard you hope it), etc.


Way ahead of you. I've never been in that position in the first place.

_________________
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
A lesson on 'Faggotry' for Kevin Graham; a legitimately descriptive and even positive term used by homosexuals themselves.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:08 am 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12643
bcspace wrote:
Quote:
As promised, I have opened this thread as a help for those who may desire to return to rational thinking but who currently believe they can't because of how they now do whatever the Brethren tell them to do--most particularly certain controversial elements of thinking such as thinking for one's self and drawing fact based conclusions, coming to the realization that something does not exist just because you hope so (no matter how hard you hope it), etc.


Way ahead of you. I've never been in that position in the first place.


This is true stake president, in order to return they would first have had to think rationally. :)

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 12064
Location: Kli-flos-is-es
Thinking leads to atheism. Don't do it!

_________________
Parley P. Pratt wrote:
We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:03 am
Posts: 2476
Buffalo wrote:
Thinking leads to atheism. Don't do it!


...and then to Catholicism. *smartassgringoeshere*

_________________
Being a Christian is not the result of an ethical choice or a lofty idea, but the encounter with an event, a person, which gives life a new horizon and a decisive direction -Pope Benedict XVI


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 am 
God

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 pm
Posts: 5872
Uh...are you sure you're the one who should be welcoming people into the real of full or rational thinking? I think you ought to think on that before you attempt to set yourself up as someone who thinks rationally.(-;

_________________
Love ya tons,
Stem


I ain't nuttin'. don't get all worked up on account of me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 12064
Location: Kli-flos-is-es
stemelbow wrote:
Uh...are you sure you're the one who should be welcoming people into the real of full or rational thinking? I think you ought to think on that before you attempt to set yourself up as someone who thinks rationally.(-;


As a magic believer, you say that without a trace of irony. :)

_________________
Parley P. Pratt wrote:
We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Return to full thinking for those so desiring
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:27 am 
The Outcast

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 am
Posts: 17063
stemelbow wrote:
Uh...are you sure you're the one who should be welcoming people into the real of full or rational thinking? I think you ought to think on that before you attempt to set yourself up as someone who thinks rationally.(-;


stem, I think you are very entrenched in your beliefs in mysticism and not a candidate for wanting to return to rational thinking. You confirm your bias at every turn. It might be better for you at this juncture to just remain in the Mormon thought bubble, going round and round in circles.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group