It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USU78 Descends into Utter Insanity
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:33 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

The poster whom Kerry Shirts referred to as "Rube-inn Dunn!" in the 2010 FAIR Conference film has completely flipped his lid. Over on the aptly named MADboard, USU "Rube-inn Dunn!" 78 has launched a thread in which he attempts to argue that remarks made by the sister of E. Smart abductor B. D. Mitchell are examples of "Casual Bigotry":

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/topic/ ... l-bigotry/

Here's the OP:

USU 'On the Verge of Apoplexy' 78 wrote:
She only said that BDM couldn't possibly get a fair trial because of "all of the Mormons" in Utah.

And nary a word of censure from the press.

Defense attorneys regularly promote such mindless bigotry in their defense of "the system."

I'm pretty much convinced such a tactic, promoting much-more-than-casual bigotry as it does, inevitably backfires.

Did anybody else catch this?

Right. It's rather like when black people fan the fires of bigotry by complaining that it's difficult for African Americans to achieve parity in the judicial system. Right, "Rube-inn"? But things get even worse in USU's follow-up post:

USU 'The Casual Racist' 78 wrote:
Enough with the threadjacking already. Francis especially: the issue is casual bigotry expressed in the context of pretrial publicity, but the setting is quite secondary to the fact of the bigotry being expressed. And the refusal of the press to hold people accountable for such outrages.

Insert "Jew" wherever "Mormon" occurs in the woman's statement, and the press and The Anti-Defamation League is all over it for the obvious outrage it is.

USU "Makes you wonder if John Young Lennon was right: 'Mormon is the 'N*****' of the world" 78
(emphasis added)

Wow... I wonder if one of his friends over there on the aptly named MADboard should tell him that it's considered bad form to toss around epithets like this. Certainly, USU"Rube-inn Dunn" 78 doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to tolerance of diversity and sensitivity to minority viewpoints. With his gratuitous slams on the gay community, and now this senseless throwing around of the "n-word"---he's threatening to single-handedly transform the MADboard into a new-wave, Mormon-themed version of the KKK. In any case, I hope that the SCMC has been paying close attention to Mr. "Rube-inn Dunn!"'s antics. He could become quite a liability to the Church.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Post subject: Re: USU78 Descends into Utter Insanity
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:45 pm 
God

Predicting that Mormons would react unfavorably to someone like Mitchell announcing himself as a Prophet and taking a wealthy young Mormon girl as his wife really seems quite reasonable. We have our Prophet and that is not Mitchell. Everyone I know has a most decided opinion as to Mitchell's guilt.

I understand where USU is coming from though, too much apologetics can cause otherwise rational people to deny the obvious and generally go off on the deep end.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:02 pm 
God

USU78 should change his avatar to a Monty Python character.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:31 am 
Founder & Visionary

Doctor Scratch wrote:
USU "Makes you wonder if John Young Lennon was right: 'Mormon is the 'N*****' of the world" 78 (emphasis added)

Wait a second. . . John Lennon didn't really say that, did he?

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:18 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:
USU "Makes you wonder if John Young Lennon was right: 'Mormon is the 'N*****' of the world" 78 (emphasis added)

Wait a second. . . John Lennon didn't really say that, did he?

USU78 is unsuccessfully and offensively riffing on a Lennon song which is a critique of patriarchy: the idea that women are the slaves of slaves. Yoko Ono came up with the phrase "Woman is the n***** of the World" to characterize the position of women within a patriarchal world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_Is_t ... _the_World

Apparently USU78 would like to claim that not only are Mormons the victims of anti-semitic levels of persecution, but also misogyny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:51 am 
Seedy Academician

I posted the following in its own thread, but I thought it should go here as well, since it is pertinent to the topic at hand:

In his mad rush to utter irrelevancy, Simon Belmont recently noted that one of Doctor Scratch's threads had received only a few responses. Sadly for Simon, he has been here too briefly to recognize that many board participants, including the Good Doctor, have started threads that did not lead to 15-page discussions right away or ever. Some threads are hits, some are not.

Does the slow start of this thread have anything to do with Doctor Scratch's supposed waning relevancy in the face of the faux-moralism of Simon Belmont and people of his ilk?

No. Furthermore, it is kind of sad when Simon Belmont confirms in our minds the fact that he has a confused persecution complex almost identical to that of USU78. USU78 thinks that it is bigotry for a young woman to remark casually that the lunatic Mitchell would not get a fair trial in an environment where people are bound to be biased heavily against him.

Simon Belmont believes it is bigotry for Doctor Scratch to note quite rightly that USU78 and other apologists have stretched the categories of victim status past the breaking point in their misguided attempts at staving off any comment that could possibly be construed as implying a whiff of criticism by the most paranoiac mental patient. Calm down, Simon.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:00 am 
Just trying to help out the fleeting relevancy of Scratch by bringing more attention to his thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 am 
God

Simon Belmont wrote:
Just trying to help out the fleeting relevancy of Scratch by bringing more attention to his thread.

Since he has joined this thread, does Belmont agree that USU78's remarks were idiotic, I wonder?

I certainly do. USU78 is one of the many reasons I usually manage to resist the temptation to look at the MAD Board.

(I am not expecting a 'yes' here: that would go against the Prime Directive that one never, never agrees with gentile criticism of any LDS, however nasty or obviously stupid the latter may be. I'd just like to see whether Belmont is capable of giving a direct answer on this.)

Christopher Ralph: The discovery that the creators of South Park place a higher value on historical authenticity than do the Brethren creates spiritual shock-waves from which some members never recover.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 am 
God

Quote:
the Prime Directive that one never, never agrees with gentile criticism of any LDS, however nasty or obviously stupid the latter may be.
And criticism within the LDS community is inversely proportional to the hierarchal position of the person needing criticism.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:10 am 
Seedy Academician

Simon Belmont wrote:

How gloriously and incredibly contradictory of you.

I don't believe you. Thanks for adding a post to the thread.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 am 
Elder

There was a day when Scratch attracted the notice of serious scholars--

But now he has to start threads making fun of casual posters like USU78 in order to get attention.

Here it is, Scratch! Buttloads of attention for your attempts at hurting lay people. Relish in it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:21 am 
\m/ \m/

Presbyter wrote:

But now he has to start threads making fun of casual posters like USU78 in order to get attention.

Here it is, Scratch! Buttloads of attention for your attempts at hurting lay people. Relish in it.

As opposed to those COJCOLDS pays, like the FP/12 and the NAMIRS bunch.

The truth doesn't hurt unless it ought to. B C Forbes

See a sock puppet parody of Kurt Cobain here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 am 
Elder

sock puppet wrote:
Presbyter wrote:

As opposed to those COJCOLDS pays, like the FP/12 and the NAMIRS bunch.

It's horrible when you have to explain simple things, but allow me to point out that I wasn't using "lay people" in an ecclesiastical sense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:54 am 
Seedy Academician

Presbyter wrote:

And he still does.

Presbyter wrote:

It is true that USU78 is not a serious scholar. He is, however, a rank Mopologist. It is a shame, really, because once upon a time he seemed like a decent fellow. Then his dark side took over and it has been almost unremitting barbarism from him ever since.

Presbyter wrote:

Once again, Presbyter, you have it all wrong. I think the tweaking of the Good Doctor is designed to awaken people to a keen sense of their illness as Mopologists. Far from seeking to hurt USU78, this is about saving him from the error of his ways!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 am 

Presbyter:

In what sense do you think that I "hurt" USU? If I have indeed "wounded" him, I'm more than happy to apologize, since that wasn't my intention.

That said--do you approve of and/or agree with USU78's comments? He seems to be advocating for a kind theological fascism--a world in which everyone must submit to the impulses and whims of Mormonism.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:28 am 
God

Quote:
He is, however, a rank Mopologist. It is a shame, really, because once upon a time he seemed like a decent fellow. Then his dark side took over and it has been almost unremitting barbarism from him ever since.
That is true. Years ago, I was at that board for as long as I could tolerate it. He is one of the few that treated me decently.

As for Consig, he hasn't changed. Image

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:35 am 
Seedy Academician

MCB wrote:
As for Consig, he hasn't changed. Image

Consiglieri is a decent fellow. One of the best, in fact.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Doctor Scratch, I would like to point out that the title of your thread is a little misleading. To me, at least, "descends into utter insanity" implies that utter insanity is a recent phenomenon for USU78. It is not.

For example, here is a thread in which USU78 is convinced that if same-sex marriage is legally recognized, the federal government will invade LDS temples. He brings up memories of the Clinton Department of Justice disaster at Waco, Texas, and suggests that a similar thing will happen if the LDS Church does not accede to performing gay marriages (comparing Mormons to Branch Davidians apparently being a Freudian slip for USU78):

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/topic/ ... ge__st__80

Perhaps a more accurate thread title would be something like, "USU78 Yet Again Demonstrates His Utter Insanity."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

P.S. Here is a thread in which this board discussed my above-referenced MADB thread in which USU78 thinks that los federales are going to march in and at make temple sealers marry gay people, and Pahoran calls the Edmunds-Tucker Act a governmental "pogrom" against the LDS Church:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13817&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:14 pm 
Doctor Scratch wrote:
That said--do you approve of and/or agree with USU78's comments? He seems to be advocating for a kind theological fascism--a world in which everyone must submit to the impulses and whims of Mormonism.

The point is, why point it out? Who cares?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:29 pm 

Simon Belmont wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:

The point is, why point it out? Who cares?

Huh? "Who cares" if our world turns into an Orwellian, LDS-themed nightmare? Well, I, for one, "care." A fascist and soul-crushing society isn't exactly something I want for the human race, Simon.

And it's worth "pointing out" because it's revelatory in terms of the way(s) that it reveals the sheer toxicity of Mopologetics. I'm not alone in thinking that USU78's involvement with LDS apologetics has eroded his critical thinking faculties and turned him into a very bitter person. You yourself, Simon Skains, are growing ever more bitter the more you attempt to "exact revenge, Mopologist-style. Soon you may be every bit as angry and idiotic as "Rube-inn Dunn!"