It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Book of Abraham/Egyptian Solution
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:51 am 
World's Top Zion Scientist

Let's say that Egyptian writing was the manner of writing the pure language spoken by the Antediluvian people. It is unaccounted for how Egyptian suddenly burst upon the scene without any trace of its developing provenance.

Perhaps the Great Pyramid was a library time capsule to preserve the secrets of the Ancients Through the flood. (probably evil secret which would explain why the Egyptians were such great magicians.) Anyways, here are the Egyptians with all these hieroglyphic books and suddenly their language gets confounded and NOBODY can understand their writings anymore. It is lost and utterly confused.

So what did they do? They reinvent a language using the same symbols. Like so many modern languages use the same symbols today to form words that mean something entirely different. And there you have it.

Joseph Smith was not translating the Egyptian that the Rosetta Stone gave us. That is another language entirely that just happens to use the same symbols as the pure language of the Ancients from the beginning. Joseph Smith was reading the pure language and striving to open it up with the KEP papers and the Lord put the kibosh on it because there was too much that we ought not know and should not be revealed yet. Abraham was taught by Shem and learned the Pure Language from Melchizedek. (Shem)

The Lord wanted to prove the people first to see if they would accept the standard of righteousness found in the Book of Mormon before he gave us all of his revelations. The LDS have floundered big time in NOT achieving the Book of Mormon standard of conversion. Something the Lord foresaw and backed Joseph off the project of discovering the Pure Language of the Ancients.

Certainly I will be engaged from all sides on such a lucid and provocative and inventive solution to the entire conundrum the Book of Abraham has become.......... ?.

3 Nephi 26:8-11
8 And these things have I written, which are a lesser part of the things which he taught the people; and I have written them to the intent that they may be brought again unto this people, from the Gentiles, according to the words which Jesus hath spoken.
9 And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.
10 And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation.
11 Behold, I was about to write them, all which were engraven upon the plates of Nephi, but the Lord forbade it, saying: I will try the faith of my people.

Kevin. Is this idea original with me or has somebody else suggested it already? I want to know.

My YouTube videos:HERE

Post subject: Re: Possible Book of Abraham/Egyptian Solution
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:34 am 
God

You forget the true menace of the pyramids. Not druids hoarding Cainite secrets. Much, much worse.......

Yeah.....snake aliens inhabiting human bodies bent on galactic domination worse.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:23 am 

I am expecting everyone to rise up en masse, carry me in a Sedan Chair, through every village and clime and then off to LDS headquarters and forcibly install me as the New Prophet. Why can't I get respectful discussion of a valid viewpoint? What's with the d__a__ hysterics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:31 pm 

If we ditch the Great Pyramid time capsule notion Noah's daughter in-law, Egyptus, could have had here own scrolls with her on the Ark. That could be how SHE discovered the land of Egypt. Knowing that the antediluvian world was about to be erased and scrubbed clean the Great Pyramid and massive sphinx near a huge river would be an ingenious way of making certain it was not buried long.

Is there any evidence of hieroglyphic evolution? Did it not suddenly appear fully developed? How is that possible given its art and complexity? It looks like something that has comprehensive generations of adaptations. Skilled development knows how many generations an idea or process must undergo to achieve sophistication.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:09 pm 
God

Nightlion wrote:
I am expecting everyone to rise up en masse, carry me in a Sedan Chair, through every village and clime and then off to LDS headquarters and forcibly install me as the New Prophet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:25 pm 
God

My solution is better, assuming there is indeed a problem in the first place which has yet to be verified. But I digress.....

The "translation" is accurate relative to what the facsimilae originally meant. However, because of embarrassment to the Pharaoh and his priests which accompanied the Abraham encounter, new definitions where inserted to replace the originals and over time they held and that is what we have today. We know already that erasure and substitution was common in Egyptian history to blot out the memory of previous regimes and now (politically) unpopular figures.

Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
A lesson on 'Faggotry' for Kevin Graham; a legitimately descriptive and even positive term used by homosexuals themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:25 am 

bcspace wrote:
My solution is better, assuming there is indeed a problem in the first place which has yet to be verified. But I digress.....

The "translation" is accurate relative to what the facsimilae originally meant. However, because of embarrassment to the Pharaoh and his priests which accompanied the Abraham encounter, new definitions where inserted to replace the originals and over time they held and that is what we have today. We know already that erasure and substitution was common in Egyptian history to blot out the memory of previous regimes and now (politically) unpopular figures.

Unless you can show where you advanced this idea earlier than now I am gonna have to think your spinning off my idea. Anything to be different. You entire thought demands that the Pharaoh was embarrassed. sigh

There is a strong probability that hieroglyphic writing was taken from a previous culture. What culture? It could only be the Antediluvian Culture that had time enough to develop it.

There is the strong probability that the understanding of the original hieroglyphic writing was confounded.

Ether 3: 24
24 For behold, the language which ye shall write I have confounded; wherefore I will cause in my own due time that these stones shall magnify to the eyes of men these things which ye shall write.

Gen. 11: 7, 9
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
• • •
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

There is strong evidence that Joseph Smith was working to unfold the Pure Language. [Was that Hugh Nibley turning cartwheels in my mind]

What ever language the people who remained in Egypt spoke after the confounding of of the languages that would become the replacement Egyptian. Even though it uses the same symbols its meaning is substantially altered and corrupted along the lines of their evolving religion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:50 pm 

Has everyone folded their hand? Is Joseph Smith exonerated of all charges of fraud by this favorable insight of mine? Has this weak thing of the world confounded the understanding of the wise and prudent yet again?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:09 pm 
the very elect

The Nehor wrote:
Nightlion wrote:
I am expecting everyone to rise up en masse, carry me in a Sedan Chair, through every village and clime and then off to LDS headquarters and forcibly install me as the New Prophet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:15 pm 

Polygamy-Porter wrote:

I certainly saw the similarity right off the first time ever I saw Yoda's face.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:42 pm 
God

Nightlion wrote:
Has everyone folded their hand? Is Joseph Smith exonerated of all charges of fraud by this favorable insight of mine? Has this weak thing of the world confounded the understanding of the wise and prudent yet again?

You haven't produced any evidence to back up your wild idea. There is nothing to discuss.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:49 am 

just me wrote:
Nightlion wrote:

You haven't produced any evidence to back up your wild idea. There is nothing to discuss.

A rather ludicrous whitewash there, Just Me. By no evidence you mean that there is no evidence that Egyptian suddenly appeared fully developed? We can talk about that.

I do not know what you will take for evidence, however, there are lots of scriptures that maintain that the languages of the world were confounded. That would include the Egyptian that used hieroglyphics. And so they obviously continued to use their manner of writing and must have developed an entirely NEW language to reinvest their stylized writings upon. That would mean that their are TWO Egyptian languages. We could discuss that.

We could discuss the FACT that Joseph Smith was unfolding the Pure Language of the Ancients reading hieroglyphics. Even if he was looking at an extant Book of the Dead. Or is it really?

We can talk about how mean everyone was to jump all over Joseph Smith without more consideration.

Or we could discuss my own person favorite view on this topic of how cool it is that my idea rides handily overarching and under-girding anything MAD has ever thought of. If it proves truly original with me. I humbly await the news.