It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:42 pm 
World's Top Zion Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 9833
Location: North Side of The Apocalrock
William Schryver wrote:

Quote:

"Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies."

How touching.

To be sure, you should have known better--and no doubt did. To the extent you were made a "victim," you were hardly an unwitting one. I'm sure you had your suspicions long before desperation transformed the cunning forger into just another banal murderer, and yet you enthusiastically shilled for the man and tacitly supported his ideological agenda. Still do, after a fashion.

So, while I'm sure the faux victimhood plays well among those who are either too young or too ignorant of the facts to know better, there are still many people who are aware of the role you played in the Hofmann affair, including me and my friend Bob Stott, who has been quite amused to learn how you spin the history of those days now so long ago.


I am aware of Church Historical Office employee Brent Metcalfe too.

Hey, Willie. Did I hit a homer with my new Book of Abraham theory? Won't say?

_________________
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:05 pm 
High Priest
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:48 pm
Posts: 392
William Schryver wrote:
How touching.

To be sure, you should have known better--and no doubt did. To the extent you were made a "victim," you were hardly an unwitting one. I'm sure you had your suspicions long before desperation transformed the cunning forger into just another banal murderer, and yet you enthusiastically shilled for the man and tacitly supported his ideological agenda. Still do, after a fashion.

So, while I'm sure the faux victimhood plays well among those who are either too young or too ignorant of the facts to know better, there are still many people who are aware of the role you played in the Hofmann affair, including me and my friend Bob Stott, who has been quite amused to learn how you spin the history of those days now so long ago.

who had a role...and what role did they have?

_________________
“What really goes on in the minds of Church leadership who know of the the truth. It would devastate the Church if a top leader were to announce the facts.” Thomas Ferguson, Mormon archaeologist


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:47 am
Posts: 4247
Location: The Ivory Tower
Every time I think I have come to terms with your offensive personality, William, you sink to a new low.

_________________
Worlds Without End


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:06 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm
Posts: 13378
Location: In a van down by the river
William Schryver wrote:
How touching.

To be sure, you should have known better--and no doubt did. To the extent you were made a "victim," you were hardly an unwitting one. I'm sure you had your suspicions long before desperation transformed the cunning forger into just another banal murderer, and yet you enthusiastically shilled for the man and tacitly supported his ideological agenda. Still do, after a fashion.

So, while I'm sure the faux victimhood plays well among those who are either too young or too ignorant of the facts to know better, there are still many people who are aware of the role you played in the Hofmann affair, including me and my friend Bob Stott, who has been quite amused to learn how you spin the history of those days now so long ago.


Fratello Schryver appears to be accusing Brent Metcalfe of being an accomplice to murder and theft by deception. Strong words, Fratello Schryver. It would certainly be a shame if you were sued for libel and found yourself unable to back those words up.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:15 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 18195
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
William Schryver wrote:
Still do, after a fashion.


I don't understand this statement. How is this possible?

_________________
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:25 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am
Posts: 1671
Location: Elsewhere
CaliforniaKid wrote:
Every time I think I have come to terms with your offensive personality, William, you sink to a new low.

Coming from someone who wasn’t even born when this all came down, and who knows nothing about it, and nothing concerning what I know about it, your attempt to stake out moral high ground is laughably cynical. Furthermore, coming from someone who charted his career course (Professional Anti-Mormon) on the basis of teen love spurned, your capacity to form value judgments is justifiably suspect.

_________________
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:27 am 
Star A
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 am
Posts: 94
Wow. What a dick.

_________________
Do you see it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:10 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:47 am
Posts: 4247
Location: The Ivory Tower
William Schryver wrote:
Coming from someone who wasn’t even born when this all came down, and who knows nothing about it, and nothing concerning what I know about it, your attempt to stake out moral high ground is laughably cynical. Furthermore, coming from someone who charted his career course (Professional Anti-Mormon) on the basis of teen love spurned, your capacity to form value judgments is justifiably suspect.

99% of the time you claim to know something, you turn out not to actually know anything at all. You know nothing about me, for example, but that doesn't stop you from constantly deriding me in the most ignorant fashion possible. *shrug*

_________________
Worlds Without End


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:33 pm 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Mount Prospect, IL
William Schryver wrote:
Furthermore, coming from someone who charted his career course [SNIP] on the basis of teen love spurned, your capacity to form value judgments is justifiably suspect.

CaliforniaKid wrote:
You know nothing about me, for example, but that doesn't stop you from constantly deriding me in the most ignorant fashion possible.

Besides, Mormon women are hot.

That Chris got involved in Mormon studies via falling for one is a firm testament to his capacity for good judgment and excellent taste, not the opposite.

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:59 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 14216
CaliforniaKid wrote:
Every time I think I have come to terms with your offensive personality, William, you sink to a new low.


He turns particularly repulsive after being exposed as, once again, nothing but fetid hot air.

_________________
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:05 am 
Deacon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:37 pm
Posts: 201
Hi Chris,

Not to worry, my friend. Beastie is right.

Take it from someone who is often the object of Will's... ummm... unbridled infatuation.

Will has established himself as the Scaramouch of commedia apologia, and the mountebank of apologetic nostrum.

Will's future publishers may well inherit the liability of his libelous roorback.

Kind regards,

</brent>


http://mormonscripturestudies.com
(© 2010 Brent Lee Metcalfe.)
------------------------------
The thesis of inspiration may not be invoked to guarantee historicity, for a divinely inspired story is not necessarily history.
—Raymond E. Brown


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:47 am 
Founder & Visionary
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm
Posts: 12824
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
Brent:

What's your theory as to why William chickened out of a debate with you?

_________________
"[Elder] Pearson says he uses a 'black box' for those issues that bother him. . . He forgot to mention that his black box has gotten so big he had to put an addition onto his house."

--kairos, 08-08-2018


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am
Posts: 1671
Location: Elsewhere
Brent Metcalfe wrote:
Hi Chris,

Not to worry, my friend. Beastie is right.

Take it from someone who is often the object of Will's... ummm... unbridled infatuation.

Will has established himself as the Scaramouch of commedia apologia, and the mountebank of apologetic nostrum.

Will's future publishers may well inherit the liability of his libelous roorback.

Kind regards,

</brent>


http://mormonscripturestudies.com
(© 2010 Brent Lee Metcalfe.)
------------------------------
The thesis of inspiration may not be invoked to guarantee historicity, for a divinely inspired story is not necessarily history.
—Raymond E. Brown

Libel?

It’s hardly libel to suggest that you shared in Hofmann’s ideological agenda, especially when you have continued to pursue it to the present day.

Even so, I think it might be best for you to continue hoping I keep confidences. Just remember that there are still people around who know your role in Hofmann’s pre-murderous shenanigans.

I do have to admit that the most hilarious aspect of the entire affair is the thought of you hiding in a darkened basement consumed with the terror that you were the next target. Talk about self-delusion run amok ...

_________________
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:25 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am
Posts: 1671
Location: Elsewhere
Dr. Shades wrote:
Brent:

What's your theory as to why William chickened out of a debate with you?

What a silly question! Everyone knows it’s because of the mountains of incontrovertible arguments and evidence Metcalfe has produced over the years. How could anyone hope to defeat such an unassailable foe?

Incidentally, I can guarantee a packed hall of no fewer than 500 people, as well as media coverage, for the debate I have proposed with Metcalfe on the topic of the meaning and purpose of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers.

I deeply regret that he doesn’t appear willing to match arguments, evidence, and wits with me when such high stakes are at risk.

I hope he understands that hypogonadism is a treatable condition.

_________________
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:37 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 18195
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
William Schryver wrote:

Incidentally, I can guarantee a packed hall of no fewer than 500 people, as well as media coverage, for the debate I have proposed with Metcalfe on the topic of the meaning and purpose of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers.


In Seattle?

_________________
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:41 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 18195
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
William Schryver wrote:
It’s hardly libel to suggest that you shared in Hofmann’s ideological agenda, especially when you have continued to pursue it to the present day.


Hormann's agenda was to make money. I suspect that millions of people share that ideological agenda, yourself included.

_________________
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:52 am 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 11074
I'm calling on Daniel McClellan to prove he is a man of character by coming here and rebuking his cohort's disgusting attacks on Metcalfe. Of course, this is typical of cowards like Will. He won't say what it is specifically that Brent did, but he just insinuates he has information about Brent that would prove embarrassing.

Now flashback to two weeks ago when Brent noted that he knows for a fact that one of Will's "experts" did not share in WIll's enthusiasm for one of his "conclusive" arguments. Daniel responded indignantly, demanding that Brent present the name. So, will Daniel demaand that Will put up or shut up?

Will is just trying to deflect from the embarrassment that his religious leaders were duped into spending hundreds of thousands of tithe dollars on documents forged by a psychopathic murderer.

And I can tell you that most of these idiots murmuring at FARMS don't know half as much as they think they do about Metcalfe's past. I remember specifically getting emails from people like John Tvetdness, John Gee and Lou Midgely who thought it was important for me to "know" that Brent Metcalfe, while working as a security guard at the archives, stole microfilm from the Church and sold it to the Tanners.

I was also told that the only reason Brent had color photos of the KEP was because he took advantage of a grieving widow (Steve Christensen's wife), while pretending to be a faithful member. When I brought this up to Brent he rebuked every bit of it. I then returned to Tvedtness to tell him Brent's side of the story and then John immediately started backpeddaling, saying that he could be wrong, that it was just a rumor he heard.

Likewise, I can assure you that William Schryver is also speaking stupidity based in rumor.

What a disgusting lot these folks are at FAIR/FARMS. Their antics were instrumental in driving me away, and I think they all should be exposed for the intellectual frauds that they are.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:00 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm
Posts: 13378
Location: In a van down by the river
William Schryver wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:
Brent:

What's your theory as to why William chickened out of a debate with you?

What a silly question! Everyone knows it’s because of the mountains of incontrovertible arguments and evidence Metcalfe has produced over the years. How could anyone hope to defeat such an unassailable foe?

Incidentally, I can guarantee a packed hall of no fewer than 500 people, as well as media coverage, for the debate I have proposed with Metcalfe on the topic of the meaning and purpose of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers.

I deeply regret that he doesn’t appear willing to match arguments, evidence, and wits with me when such high stakes are at risk.

I hope he understands that hypogonadism is a treatable condition.


I'll help interpret for those who are new to this whole thing:

" Everyone knows it’s because I had no idea what Metcalfe's theories even were, which is why I demanded that he be published first as part of the traditional Lincoln-Douglas debate format, except that isn't part of the traditional Lincoln-Douglas debate format. How could anyone even know what Metcalfe's position was unless he was published, as my MADB cheerleaders kept arguing, except that I later retracted that major demand at Daft J's request because I allow someone who is screwing around on a message board I don't even care about to manipulate my agenda, so I guess I really did know all along what Metcalfe's position is, exposing my previous demand as ridiculous posturing.

Incidentally, I can guarantee a packed rented-out conference hall in Sandy, Utah of no fewer than 500 donut-munching FAIR disciples, as well as another write-up in the ward newsletter that is otherwise known as Mormon Times, for the debate I have proposed with Metcalfe on my ad hoc assumptions and speculation that have no discernible methodology or objective criteria regarding the Kirtland Egyptian Papers.

I deeply regret that he doesn’t appear willing to match arguments, evidence, and wits with me unless it's on my arbitrary terms in a silly pep rally with the trappings of a scholarly debate, since giving a slideshow at the South Towne Expo Center has turned me into a rock star.

I hope he understands that apologists and FAIR disciples are so motivated by vengeance and obsessed with appearing to win any argument, regardless of how trivial, that they don't have the integrity to stand up and say that I am a very poor example of the kind of person who should be defending an organization that claims to be the restored church of Jesus Christ and that I am diametrically opposed to the counsel given by a man the LDS Church purports to be an apostle of Jesus Christ about defending the gospel on the internet."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:32 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 14216
William Schryver wrote:
Libel?

It’s hardly libel to suggest that you shared in Hofmann’s ideological agenda, especially when you have continued to pursue it to the present day.

Even so, I think it might be best for you to continue hoping I keep confidences. Just remember that there are still people around who know your role in Hofmann’s pre-murderous shenanigans.

I do have to admit that the most hilarious aspect of the entire affair is the thought of you hiding in a darkened basement consumed with the terror that you were the next target. Talk about self-delusion run amok ...


Aw, ain't it cute. Little Wee Willie imagines he's David, but instead of a well-placed rock shooting forth from his sling, all he can manage is some hot air so rancid one wonders from which end it originated.

_________________
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am
Posts: 1671
Location: Elsewhere
beastie wrote:
William Schryver wrote:
Libel?

It’s hardly libel to suggest that you shared in Hofmann’s ideological agenda, especially when you have continued to pursue it to the present day.

Even so, I think it might be best for you to continue hoping I keep confidences. Just remember that there are still people around who know your role in Hofmann’s pre-murderous shenanigans.

I do have to admit that the most hilarious aspect of the entire affair is the thought of you hiding in a darkened basement consumed with the terror that you were the next target. Talk about self-delusion run amok ...


Aw, ain't it cute. Little Wee Willie imagines he's David, but instead of a well-placed rock shooting forth from his sling, all he can manage is some hot air so rancid one wonders from which end it originated.

Settle down, beastsheba. I assure you I have no desire whatsoever to watch you bathe.

In the immortal words of Dodge Connelly:
Quote:
”You’re only as young as the women you feel.”


And I have no desire to feel sixty-five.

_________________
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Probably Hofmann fogery uncovered---MMM related
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:35 pm 
Star A
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 am
Posts: 94
Wow, What a sexist prick.

_________________
Do you see it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group