Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Simon Belmont

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Simon Belmont »

RockSlider wrote:
William Schryver wrote:Serve it up, Mr. Bold Talker! If it's shame-worthy, I'll be more than willing to issue the requisite apology.


Liz calls a spade a spade, reminding you of this very topic (your history of vulgarity) and worse yet points out her opinion of your treatment of Trevor. But she also finishes up noting, “at the base of it all, we do, in fact care for one another” and mentions many here’s support or your daughter – she being the first to publically call attention to it on this site.

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=320848#p320848

And your response:

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=321279#p321279

You attacked likely your only supporter from this site. But of course she is a woman and this is the trailer park.

Vulgarity, chauvinism, no confidentiality, grandiosity, self righteousness … what’s the use, it’s just another example of William, the one and only worthy of adulation.

edit:

first link was wrong


Dear Rockslider,

I searched through these linked threads which you were so kind to provide. I found no evidence of William's alleged “vulgarity” in the posts you cited.

And Kevin,

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. From what I understand William Schryver works as more of a contractor/consultant for various clients across the country. He has no professional affiliation to "the Mormons."

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Kevin Graham »

Name me a single thing Will has programmed for anyone using current languages. He got a job decades ago working for West Virginia's dept of education using a truly outdated language and anyone working as a contractor would have some kind of resume or online advertisement of one's services. Will doesn't have any of this because he doesn't need to since his "jobs" come from word of mouth through the LDS network. I mean why else would anyone hire an uneducated hippie living in the Utah boonies?

I've seen this too many times. Mormons give other Mormons jobs first, mainly because it means more money goes back to the Church in the form of tithes. Every time I moved to a different ward one of the first things the general membership asked me was what I did for a living, and they were always trying to get me to do work for them. They'd rather have a fellow Mormon running their network, providing their translation services or developing their company website, than pay a gentile to do it without a kickback for he Church.

Becoming a Mormon is the best thing for the uneducated who seek employment. Will is just one of many folks who bypassed education and decided to use the LDS network instead. If you can impress idiot Mormons with a super, bullet proof testimony by crying in front of them every testimony Sunday, then they'll take care of you. He's been riding that gravy train for decades because that kind of behavior is easy for men without testicles. But the point is he is hardly a computer expert in any modern sense of the term. His "expertise" is in obsolete languages that run punch-card machines for crying out loud.

Simon Belmont

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Simon Belmont »

Kevin Graham wrote:Name me a single thing Will has programmed for anyone using current languages.


What do you mean by "current languages?" C#? Java? ASP? PHP? .Net stuff? What does "current languages" mean? Many people think COBOL is obselete, but few people realize that 4th revision that includes the OO standard, and is still used. Even FORTRAN is used, and had a major revision in 2003.

Your ignorance is really showing. Please tell me why a programmer cannot make money unless he uses your definition of a "current language."

He got a job decades ago working for West Virginia's dept of education using a truly outdated language


Mind telling us what you believe this "truly outdated language" was?

and anyone working as a contractor would have some kind of resume or online advertisement of one's services.


Not if you are damn good at what you do and have built up a reputation.

Will doesn't have any of this because he doesn't need to since his "jobs" come from word of mouth through the LDS network. I mean why else would anyone hire an uneducated hippie living in the Utah boonies?


Much of his work probably does come from word of mouth -- that's what happens when you build up a reputation for being one of the best in the business.

You wouldn't understand.

I've seen this too many times. Mormons give other Mormons jobs first, mainly because it means more money goes back to the Church in the form of tithes.


Oh wow! What a complete ____ statement. I have been a Mormon for 39 years and have never experienced this. Mormons who happen to be in hiring positions give whomever is the most qualified the job first.

Every time I moved to a different ward one of the first things the general membership asked me was what I did for a living,


And when you admitted that you were a "school lunch lady" what did they say?

and they were always trying to get me to do work for them. They'd rather have a fellow Mormon running their network, providing their translation services or developing their company website, than pay a gentile to do it without a kickback for he Church.


You're such an ignorant fool. They ask about you work so they can determine if you would be a good fit in any specific calling, and to get to know who you are better.

Themis
God
Posts: 13142
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Themis »

Simon Belmont wrote:Oh wow! What a complete b***s*** statement. I have been a Mormon for 39 years and have never experienced this. Mormons who happen to be in hiring positions give whomever is the most qualified the job first.


Not entirely true. Many jobs are filled by who they know, and many in hiring positions try to fill them with people in their groups. This is true for LDS as with all religions, families, cultures, etc. So no they don't all give to who is most qualified first. Who you know is just as important in the LDS church as it is out side it.

I see you are not questioning Will(instead you defend him) as you have Brent, although with Brent it was far more attacking him. I see you still can't get a hold on your bias and hypocrisy.
42

Themis
God
Posts: 13142
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Themis »

Simon Belmont wrote:
Every male knows exactly what Will is talking about here -- and the analogy is remarkably correct for Shady Acres.


I see your bias again. I disagree with your analogy being remotely correct, but at least I see this post as your weak way of admitting that Will has been vulgar.
42

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Kevin Graham »

Your ignorance is really showing. Please tell me why a programmer cannot make money unless he uses your definition of a "current language."

I never said he couldn't "make money." Try to stay focused small fry. Will is the one who presented himself as an authority of modern IT related professions, challenging the claim that a Technical Editor working for Microsoft could make 100k. He bore his testimony that it was false. When I proved him wrong his only response was to shoot back by telling us he made "considerably more" than that, as if that had anything to do with anything. I think he is lying mainly because I know he is a proven liar who has an ego the size of Wisconsin. I also know from personal experience with the guy that he is a moron when it comes to current technologies. He cannot make a website to save his life, which requires minimal HTML skill. He tried once, and then abandoned his blank page after screwing up his first attempt at a hyperlink.
Mind telling us what you believe this "truly outdated language" was?

Probably RPG which was created in the 60's. Sure, COBOL isn't obsolete in the sense that it is still used in some dark corners, but this is like saying VCR's aren't obsolete because people still use them. Some companies and typically state governments, aren't in a position to upgrade, so they stay old school for financial reasons. These are those who would require Will's services, but my point is that it proves Will is not up to date... but he is going to say with certainty that he knows what Technical Editors make? Why can't you just admit the fact that Will is the one who tried to present himself as an authority on the subject? This is like someone claiming to know the intricate details of the modern Hybrid engine, simply because he manages somehow to make a living rebuilding 2-stroke lawnmowers.
Much of his work probably does come from word of mouth -- that's what happens when you build up a reputation for being one of the best in the business.

ROFL! You really must be Will's gay lover. I've never seen anyone bend over for him as willingly as you do. Best in the business!? LOL. There is no evidence anywhere on the world wide web that William Schryver is anything in the computer industry, let alone "the best". The only links that mention his name in conjunction with IT jargon are from Mormon forums where anonymous idiots like you testify on his behalf as "the best" in the industry. The loudest mouth in the universe is the internet and it mentions nothing of William's so called expertise as a programmer.
Oh wow! What a complete b***s*** statement. I have been a Mormon for 39 years and have never experienced this. Mormons who happen to be in hiring positions give whomever is the most qualified the job first.

Well now you're just lying for Will. If you've been LDS for any amount of time you know what I say is true. The Church bends over backwards trying to get people in the Church employed because the more money the make, the more money the Church makes via tithes. IF they can be the reason for the employment, the member is more likely to respond with faithfulness and pay up. LDS social services in every area lists all Mormon employers who actively seek Mormon employees.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Kevin Graham »

And you have no evidence that he is not.

The evidence was in Will's own idiotic assertion that a technical editor would never make that kind of money. I proved him wrong in twelve seconds. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
He does.

Since when did Will's income become an issue? When he made it the issue. You see Will does this all the time. Every time he is proven a liar and a fraud, he changes the subject onto something he is never prepared to prove. He just wants people to take his word for it, and this doesn't even address the fact that it is an attempt to divert attention from the fact that I proved him wrong, as I do so often. Every time Will opens up a post talking about his extensive experience or studies into something, you can pretty much bank on it being a bluff.
Well, if the ability to design a website is equivalent to having knowledge about Mormonism, the KEP, current IT trends, or anything else -- you'd better talk to Metcalfe, because his website is atrocious! Oh, and that bigot Infymus -- his website hurts my eyes just to look at it.

Says who? The guy bending over for the web designer of eschatos.org.
Not a programming language, a markup language. Big difference

The principle is the same (writing code to produce an outcome) and HTML is notoriously simple. and yet Will couldn't handle it. For God sakes 11 year olds are out there developing better websites that Will's.
LOL, right. Can you demonstrate this?

I demonstrated it years ago when it happened and then Will immediately removed his main page because he was embarrassed. He kept the domain to host his numerous KEP related images but when he couldn't figure out how to stop me from stealing them, he shut down the site altogether.
Probably? So you admit you do not know, and are only speculating. Intriguing!

Someone who is close to Will and his family PMed me a week ago with these details about Will's experience as a programmer.
No, your point is that you believe that Will is probably not up to date. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyone truly up to date would have an up to date resume, especially if he is a contractor. Maybe Will couldn't figure out how to put a resume online.
As you would say: If not Will, then who? Metcalfe? LOL.

One doesn't need to be an authority to know what Microsoft employees earn. But Will didn't, while pretending to be an authority, which makes him an asshat.
Note to readers: Kevin Graham does not believe it is okay to be homosexual. Kevin Graham agrees with Boyd K. Packer.

Where did I say it wasn't OK? Pointing out the obvious isn't the same thing as disagreeing with the obvious. I just think it is hilarious the way Will is always trying to present himself as a macho-type, whose testosterone is so much higher than everyone else's. This is the classic symptom of closet homosexuality. He is trying to compensate for his overt gayness by bragging about his unproved manhood. We already know he's a coward who runs from challenges, and we already know he said he prefers men with little body hair, and we know you're was up his ass, so what's the mystery here?
You are dead wrong. Wards have employment specialists who receive employment bulletins from Provident Living or the state job boards. They help people with their resumes, cover letters, etc. Yes, any church community is good for networking, but Mormons do not hire Mormons first.

You're lying again. Mormons hire Mormons first, especially in Utah

Simon Belmont

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Simon Belmont »

Chap wrote:
Of course. Anybody who criticizes the CoJCoLDS is 'fair game' for any kind of insult, however obscene and distasteful... that must be somewhere in D&C, I suppose.


Well, "Big Fry", it appears that The CoJCoLDS itself is fair game for most critics. Have you been to Infymus's hate-site?

User avatar
Mortal Man
Elder
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Mortal Man »

William Schryver wrote:I would greatly appreciate it if you would cease, forthwith, from suggesting that I believe the facsimiles should be removed from the canon. I do not believe that. I have never proposed it.

Oh really?
William Schryver wrote:I am certainly not bothered at all by the very distinct possibility that Joseph incorrectly assumed that the name he had received by revelation (Shulem) was contained in the characters above the figure. After all, it is the text of the Book of Abraham that was always his primary focus. In my judgment, his work on the facsimiles was secondary in nature, and although he demonstrates definite strokes of inspiration in the process of working with them, I don't consider them of the same stature as the text of the Book of Abraham; I don't believe they were ever intended to be regarded as highly, and they probably should never have been included in the canon along with the text of Book of Abraham. At some point in the future, I wouldn't be surprised to see the "facsimiles" removed from the formal canon of the church.


William Schryver wrote: At this point in time (as I explained during the Q&A session after my FAIR conference address) I view the facsimiles as persuasive evidence of the fact that there was definitely some form of authentic Abraham-related text on the papyri Joseph Smith acquired from Michael Chandler in July 1835.

Where exactly on the papyri was this "authentic Abraham-related text"?

William Schryver wrote:You would also do well to obtain and carefully consider the publications of John Gee (in mainstream Egyptological journals) over the course of the past two or three years (and into the foreseeable future, as well). John has produced some findings of significant import which, when considered in their entirety, will eventually demonstrate the very unique aspects of the Joseph Smith Papyri, and the inspired nature of the understanding Joseph Smith received concerning them.

Do you still stand by Gee's thesis in his 2010 FAIR presentation (which you presented)?

User avatar
Chap
God
Posts: 13897
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Chap »

Simon Belmont wrote:
Chap wrote:
Of course. Anybody who criticizes the CoJCoLDS is 'fair game' for any kind of insult, however obscene and distasteful... that must be somewhere in D&C, I suppose.


Well, "Big Fry", it appears that The CoJCoLDS itself is fair game for most critics. Have you been to Infymus's hate-site?


What an effective response "tu quoque' is!
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

User avatar
Kishkumen
Seedy Academician
Posts: 20909
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Kishkumen »

Simon Belmont wrote:Every male knows exactly what Will is talking about here -- and the analogy is remarkably correct for Shady Acres.


Please don't play Mr. Sanctimonious on other occasions, if you think Will should get a pass on this crap. If you think it is fun to read his sleaze, then what grounds do you have to complain about half the crap you are bellyaching about?
“God came to me in a dream last night and showed me the future. He took me to heaven and I saw Donald Trump seated at the right hand of our Lord.” ~ Pat Robertson
“He says he has eyes to see things that are not . . . and that the angel of the Lord . . . has put him in possession of great wealth, gold, silver, precious stones.” ~ Jesse Smith

User avatar
William Schryver
God
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by William Schryver »

liz3564 wrote:As far as Will's treatment of me, no it was not deserved.

Truth be told, you probably deserved worse than I've ever given you. But my inherent sense of pity towards the women here in the GSTP compelled me to restrain myself.

In private, he did apologize to me for his more vulgar comments.

No I didn't. I would never have apologized for something I didn't feel sorry for having done in the first place--whatever it is you're referring to (tell you the truth, I don't really know what this is all about; what offensive things I'm alleged to have said to you.)

I don't hold any grudge against Will, and I honestly wish him well in his endeavors.

Same back at you. (Sincerely.)

We haven't been in touch for several months because ...

I have no desire to correspond with someone who makes common cause with the scum here in the GSTP. The sooner you leave this place and never return, the better for you and your eternal welfare.
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...

User avatar
Aristotle Smith
God
Posts: 2129
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Aristotle Smith »

William Schryver wrote:I still maintain that there is no term in the modern vernacular that better describes what goes on here than the metaphorical "circle jerk."


Then MAD is an epic bukkake fest.

User avatar
Molok
God
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Molok »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Molok wrote:It was in the sentence by will that youu quoted. He said that Kevin tossed the biscuit in and then the so forth. What exactly did you think will was talking about?



Do you imagine that I read Will's posts?

Only on very rare occasions do I do that and usually only because I trip over them on my way to reading the comments of others.


What you read or don't read is really none of my concern.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Kevin Graham »

The Graham desperation to discredit me grows by leaps and bounds with each passing month.

One cannot discredit someone who has long since been discredited by his own rantings. One can only point to the continued lies of a proven liar and hypocrisy of a hypocrite. The fact is you came here claiming to be an expert in the field; expert enough to speak authoritatively on the incomes of technical editors. It seemed to annoy you that BRent could be making that kind of money, and so you thought you'd shoot it down with your "expertise" as your only backup. That backfired however, so you decided you'd go ahead and tell everyone you make "considerably more" than that, as if income level were ever the issue to begin with.

You were quickly proven a fraud. And I didn't ask for information about you, it just came to me from someone who has been registered here since August but never posted. Someone claiming to be a close acquaintance of your family. He/She decided to do it on his/her own. I have no idea who this person is, but I was told you have been working for the West Virginia dept of education for many years and that your knowledge was confined to "some very old systems" but that you "might know a little Java." The link provided in the message referred me to RPG.

Keep in mind that it was YOU who started this ____ a month or so ago when you started dissing Brent for being a lowly "editor" and referring to his job as the lowest of the low in the computer industry, again revealing your stupidity. I know quite a few hard working programmers that would love to stop writing code all day to rake in 100k for editing jobs. But of course not all of them were so fortunate as to be plugged into the social-employment pipeline that begins in the backwoods of West Virginia and ends in the technological stronghold called Cedar City Utah, where very highest paying contract jobs are available by the hundreds to uneducated hippies. Who ever said being a bleeding heart LDS apologist in Utah doesn't pay?
Last edited by Kevin Graham on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 32670
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Jersey Girl »

What you read or don't read is really none of my concern.




No truer words have ever left your keyboard.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by harmony »

You will find all of the off topic posts I could locate in the Telestial forum. Do NOT make me go red again. Keep this thread on topic, which is the debate, not Will's vulgarity.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.

User avatar
William Schryver
God
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by William Schryver »

Kevin Graham wrote:
The Graham desperation to discredit me grows by leaps and bounds with each passing month.

One cannot discredit someone who has long since been discredited by his own rantings. One can only point to the continued lies of a proven liar and hypocrisy of a hypocrite. The fact is you came here claiming to be an expert in the field; expert enough to speak authoritatively on the incomes of technical editors. It seemed to annoy you that BRent could be making that kind of money, and so you thought you'd shoot it down with your "expertise" as your only backup. That backfired however, so you decided you'd go ahead and tell everyone you make "considerably more" than that, as if income level were ever the issue to begin with.

You were quickly proven a fraud. And I didn't ask for information about you, it just came to me from someone who has been registered here since August but never posted. Someone claiming to be a close acquaintance of your family. He/She decided to do it on his/her own. I have no idea who this person is, but I was told you have been working for the West Virginia dept of education for many years and that your knowledge was confined to "some very old systems" but that you "might know a little Java." The link provided in the message referred me to RPG.

Keep in mind that it was YOU who started this horse**** a month or so ago when you started dissing Brent for being a lowly "editor" and referring to his job as the lowest of the low in the computer industry, again revealing your stupidity. I know quite a few hard working programmers that would love to stop writing code all day to rake in 100k for editing jobs. But of course not all of them were so fortunate as to be plugged into the social-employment pipeline that begins in the backwoods of West Virginia and ends in the technological stronghold called Cedar City Utah, where very highest paying contract jobs are available by the hundreds to uneducated hippies. Who ever said being a bleeding heart LDS apologist in Utah doesn't pay?

You are one of the few people I have ever known who is capable of playing Chinese Whispers entirely inside your own mind, and then effortlessly adopting the output phrase as your official "truth." It is an absolutely stunning capacity you have developed!

At any rate, your "secret sources" have fed you inaccurate information (not that you could tell the difference). I am developing new systems on "state of the art" platforms--although I will certainly maintain old code at my standard three-digit hourly rate. And, like uncounted thousands of programmers with my level of experience, we live where we choose to live and work over the internet. In fact, I'm in negotiations (to employ his services for work I can't get to) with another programmer of my generation who lives outside of Moab, Utah in the shadows of the La Sal mountains; uses HughesNet as his ISP, and does pretty much the same thing I do: fend off requests for work we don't have time to do in order to focus on our best clients.

Poor edited by harmony, violation of Universal Rule #7 and Terrestial Rule #2. Strike one.
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...

User avatar
Darth J
Dark Lord of the Sith
Posts: 13392
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Darth J »

Image

"I just want to make sure that everyone knows that I don't care what happens on this message board that nobody looks at. You are all totally irrelevant to me, and I have better things to do than post on this board. I don't care at all what any of you people think. Not at all.

I'll be back later to remind you that I don't care about this obscure, irrelevant message board that I really don't care about. Until then, enjoy my passionate ambivalence, because I really, no fooling don't care what any of you people think, and I'm too important to keep doing drive-by posts here."

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by Kevin Graham »

Oh I'd love to know what it was Harmony edited.

So edited by harmony: violation of Rule #2. Strike one. Keep to the subject of the thread and avoid personal attacks, my source was right that your employer is long distance, and he/she was right that you work with very outdated languages and older systems. So...

Hell, what was he/she wrong about? You act like I made this stuff up but so far everything I was told seems to be dead on. Was it a lie that you've been working for the dept of education for the state of West Virginia for decades? If not, how do you think I came across that information if not from someone close to you? If someone said they heard from an acquaintance of mine that I built a website for a few clinics in Brasilia, I'd be convinced they knew what they were talking about since that information is not advertised on the web. The person was not attacking you, but only trying to confirm to me that you were a programmer, albeit one from old school.

And this is all beside the point anyway. You still haven't addressed the fact that you presented yourself as an authority and I quickly proved you weren't. You have no idea what technical editors make. Just stay in your little hermit shack in West Bumblefuq Utah, writing Morse code or whatever it is no one uses anymore, for your devout Mormon clients who care more about giving kickbacks to the Church than having work done by someone who is professionally trained - which you admit you are not. Talk about cheating the system and taking short cuts. Who needs to earn a living via education when you can get by selling damaged goods to your fellow tribesmen who put LDS testimony before all else. Just like your apologetics! Your motto should be "educated in nothing, expert in everything."

You remind me of this guy I knew back in Orlando who got jobs doing lousy masonry work just because he was LDS. As the networking axiom goes, "it isn't what you know, it is who you know." Nobody has perfected that more than Low-skilled Mormons.

User avatar
William Schryver
God
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am

Re: Metcalfe Schryver Debate Set to Go

Post by William Schryver »

... you work with very outdated languages and older systems.

Well, it would be a full-time job to address all of your innuendo, exaggerations, and outright lies, but just for the record, I work on what is considered (by knowledgeable computer people) probably the single greatest computer ever built. It is an IBM server platform that was first introduced in 1988 under the moniker "AS/400" but is now, after over two decades of continuous upgrades and enhancements, called IBM Power Systems, a family of ultra-powerful business servers. I have one client that uses a single model Power 780 that simultaneously serves tens of thousands of users and devices. The most recent OS upgrade is less than a month old. It is, to put it mildly, a beast of a computer that is still used in countless Fortune500 companies around the world, including Microsoft, who (last I heard) uses it for all their internal administrative operations.



Edit: Software engineers with extensive experience with the AS/400=>RISC=>iSeries=>PowerSystems series of IBM business computers are in extremely high demand all around the world and command higher salaries than just about any other subgroup of programmers. Indeed, I understand that Brazil, with its booming economy, has become one of the most lucrative markets for IBM Power Systems sales. You would do well to acquire some training in the operating systems and programming languages supported by the IBM Power platform.
Last edited by William Schryver on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests