It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Definitive MADhouse Quote Page.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:13 pm 
God

Quote:
frankenstein, on 02 April 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

you might not want to speak in such absolutes. stones and glass houses comes to mind. my observations lead me to conclude that both sides engage in same if not similar conduct. Both side will cherry pick quotes, will strain to make a square peg fit, etc. A prime example is the the Church defenders almost complete unwillingness to correctly state the LDS Church position concerning the Priesthood ban; Dr. Petersen, Scott Gordon, Juliann, and many others claim the Church position is "we do not know", when infact the Church position is "not known precisely". And as though this was a twilight zone, pointing that the Church did not say "we do not know" but rather that the Church stated "not known precisely why" gets persons either banned or threatened with such. so like I said, you might want to be careful about absolutes concerning those who claim to otherwise defend the Church.

Time to part ways, Frankenstein. We have had too many complaints.

Skylla

-------

Moral of the story, those people have no morals when it comes to honesty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm 
God

This thread is done. Jeff the amount of contention you bring to the board will get you 30 days. After that it will be permanent if you can't act according to board guidelines.

Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:15 pm 
Valiant A

What MAD's own wenglund's up to:

"No, that somewhat incoherent statement doesn't correctly reflect my meaning. For the third time, please stop putting words into my mouth."

Always misunderstood. He seems more impatient and condescending lately...maybe not. Maybe it depends on who he's engaging.
Apologists are great. The likes of Nehor, JeffK, Pahoran, Wade, etc., who seek to offend and/or like to invite members to leave are my favorites.

Rock on Saints! You're performing a valuable service to your fellow man.

I, for one, applaud their style.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 am 
God

Pahoran wrote:
De gustibus non est disputandum. Erotic poetry just doesn't do it for me, even when the participants are of the appropriate sexes. And personally, I rather think it's good to get past being squeamish about some of the more vigorous demonstrations of God's power in the Scriptures.

Pahoran is really offended by love poetry that mentions breasts, but relishes the thought of God-sanctioned genocide and rape. Interesting!

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:51 pm 
God

selek1 wrote:
It is not needful to express, DaddyG, since the slight was offered intentionally.

By denigrating the sacred as mere emotionalism, Areabird was being deliberately offensive and dismissive.

But then, when you're down to a single arrow in the quiver, you use what you have.

Getting highly emotional about someone's dismissal of your testimony might not be the best means of demonstrating how divorced from emotionalism your process is.

There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy

Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
Zakuska is a ____ moron:

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/575 ... -by-jesus/

A ____ moron named Zakuska wrote:
These are the verses used:

Luke 10:18
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Isaiah 14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

We aren't talking about a direct translation here... more an interpretation of Concepts. Of a light barer falling from the heights.

Now the bible being written in Hebrew or Aramaic gives us the following:

Strongs:
(Word #) 1299 baraq baw-rak' a primitive root; to lighten (lightning):--cast forth.
(Word #) 1300 baraq baw-rawk' from 'baraq' (1299); lightning; by analogy, a gleam; concretely, a flashing sword:--bright, glitter(-ing sword), lightning.

'O' a commonly used Hebrew poetic joiner.

Strongs:
(Word #) 1116 bamah bam-maw' from an unused root (meaning to be high); an elevation:--height, high place, wave.

Which gives us the name of the Anti-Christ as :

baraq 'O' bam-maw

Coincidence?! or a Stretch?

Stretch Zakuska. Big ____ stretch. Are you r____ or something?

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 am 
1st Quorum of Seventy

Mountain Meadows Massacre.... I don't suppose if I were to begin a thread at MAD that interpreted some passages in the bible in a way that suggested Mutt Romney was the Antichrist they would lock the thread or ban me? Nah.... I'm sure the mods wouldn't have any problem with that at all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 am 
God

ERayR wrote:
All that being said my primary problem is that macro-evolution (the development human beings from the lower orders turns the concept of us being God's children, created in his image, and placed into a special part of the earth into a meaningless fairytale. It is the reverse of a fall(unless you do contortions on defining the fall).

Occasionally it's good to post the intelligent quotes as well, even if they're unintentionally intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 am 
God

pcarthew wrote:
The gay community will never move on while they are insecure and need validation from every man and his dog. They also will not move on, until everybody is forced to and articulates their agenda to their satisfaction. Being a member of the church there are many communities, circumstance and clubs that my faith is not accepted or mocked and rejected. Guess what I couldn't care less, I don't need people to pat me on the back to make me feel like my lifestyle is acceptable. For the gays, completely different. If you don't validate their point of view...you automatically become nothing short of a bigot.

This from the board where any disagreement with Mormonism is characterized as bigotry.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 am 
God

rodheadlee wrote:
The final battle may have been in Palmyra. But if Zerahemla and all the Nephite cities were in upstate New York why is there no mention of bitter cold winters?, short growing seasons? having battles in snow?

If they were in central America, why no mention of sweltering Jungles, or any of the food items available in the region, or any of the technology of the region?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:16 pm 
God

wenglund wrote:
Those of us who aren't presuming to steady the ark, may be listening intently to the Spirit to tell us what to pray for, and humbly seeking guidance and strength in fulfilling the commandments and duties we have already been given, desiring what God desires, and expressing gratitude for the bounteous wealth in all that we have been given by him and the opportunity he has afforded us, in a multitude of ways, to serve.

To each their own.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

What a self-righteous douche. Lifelong sexual frustration/perpetual virginity are doing Wade no favors.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/576 ... e__st__140

Last edited by Buffalo on Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:59 pm 
God

Nomomo wrote:
Mountain Meadows Massacre.... I don't suppose if I were to begin a thread at MAD that interpreted some passages in the bible in a way that suggested Mutt Romney was the Antichrist they would lock the thread or ban me? Nah.... I'm sure the mods wouldn't have any problem with that at all.

Is there any reason to think the anti-Christ will not be LDS. So I say create the post. If the anti-Christ can decieve any the very elect, that suggests to me insider knowledge of the Gospel.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 pm 
God

doughtheavenger wrote:
Sorry, but I disagree. These statements are not about getting anyone's approval. They are about getting out the truth. If I were to choose a person who was the victim of racism, it wouldn't be any black American who frankly know less about racism than most people. I would rather choose a survivor of Auschwitz or some other death camp. Gypsies and Jews who lived through the 1930s and 40s in Europe are the people who's life stories created a reaction against racism. Most of what is said about racism in America today is semi-literate trivialization of the subject.

So gypsies and Jews were a different race than the rest of Germany, I did not know that.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy

Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/576 ... 1209119500

Selek1 wrote:
The Tea Partiers haven't deliberately destroyed hundreds of millions of dollars of other people's property.

The Tea Partiers haven't commited hundreds of assaults with deadly force.
The Tea Partiers haven't left a dozen or so people dead.

The Tea Partiers haven't shielded rapists, molesters, and child abusers.

The Tea Partiers haven't defecated on streets and police vehicles.

The Tea Partiers haven't called for the violent overthrow of the government.

The Tea Partiers haven't left behind hundreds of tons of human and toxic waste in their "encampments".

The Tea Partiers haven't handed out "open-minded" documents like Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto,.

The Tea Partiers haven't been arrested by the thousands, let alone for conspiracy to commit terrorism.

The Tea Partiers haven't been caught with bombs, deadly weapons, and bottles of human feces and urine with which they intended to attack law enforcement officers- or even just people who disagree.

The Tea Partiers haven't commited hundreds of assaults with deadly force.
The Tea Partiers haven't assaulted innocent bystanders, or threatened and intimidated people just trying to work or shop or get home to their families.
"Two sides of the same coin" is laughable on its face- and an insult to the intelligence of anyone actually paying attention.

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:14 pm 
God

A tea bagger in Gilbert, Arizona just murdered four people, including a toddler, and then killed himself.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 pm 
God

Quote:
A tea bagger in Gilbert, Arizona just murdered four people, including a toddler, and then killed himself.

Wasn't Jared Lee Loughner from Arizona an atheist and a liberal?

Quote:
Another former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner,[38] described his political views as "radical."[39] "As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal," said Parker of Loughner in an online interview with Anthony De Rosa of Reuters Media. Parker, a self-described liberal activist and environmentalist,[40]

Usually it takes one to know one.

:lol:

Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
A lesson on 'Faggotry' for Kevin Graham; a legitimately descriptive and even positive term used by homosexuals themselves.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:31 pm 
God

bcspace wrote:
Quote:

Wasn't Jared Lee Loughner
:lol:

Mentally ill? yes. This guy was just excessively conservative:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/ ... 5820120503

Gunman kills four in Phoenix suburb, commits suicide

(Reuters) - A gunman, identified by local media as a prominent border militia leader and a reputed neo-Nazi, shot dead four people including a toddler girl in Arizona on Wednesday before apparently committing suicide, police said.

The gunman opened fire at a house in Gilbert, a suburb of Phoenix, Gilbert Police Sergeant Bill Balafas said. He could not immediately confirm the identity of the gunman.

The Arizona Republic newspaper, citing unnamed police sources, identified the suspected shooter as Jason "JT" Ready, a reputed neo-Nazi who founded the U.S. Border Guard, a militia that hunts for drug traffickers near the Mexican border.

The youngest victim, a girl of between 1 and 2 years old, was still alive at the scene, but later died in a hospital, Balafas said. The other dead were two men and two women. Police believe the shooter was among the dead.

Police found the bodies of two of the adults outside the home and those of the other two adults and the child inside.

Officers recovered two handguns and a shotgun from the scene. However, Balafas said police had been unable to search the house, and confirm the identities of the dead after an unknown liquid was found in two 55-gallon drums outside the house.

"Right now, we have a hold up because we have a potential hazardous chemical situation," Balafas said.

Investigators subsequently found some "munitions" in the house, and called in federal officers to deal with the items, Balafas said.

He declined to comment on whether Ready, who earlier this year set up an exploratory committee to run for the office of sheriff in Arizona's Pinal County, was among the dead.

Balafas said officers were interviewing a witness to the shooting, which investigators believe stemmed from a "domestic situation."

A Facebook page entitled "JT Ready for Sheriff" carried a message from the administrator noting unconfirmed reports that "a cartel assassination squad murdered JT Ready and several of his friends and family this afternoon in Gilbert Arizona."

A Reuters witness saw a black Chevrolet Impala with specialized number plate with the letters "USBG" on it parked outside the home.

A call to the U.S. Border Guard group seeking comment late on Wednesday went unanswered.

Local resident Scott Kirkwood, 43, said neighbors were shocked by the shooting at the home, which he believed was occupied by a family.

"Everyone is shocked and concerned. Nothing like this ever happens in this neighborhood. It's usually very quiet," he said.

"I heard sirens pulling up in my backyard. When I went to investigate, there was like 30 cop cars, five ambulances, a fire truck, a SWAT team, the whole nine yards - it was just blanketing the neighborhood," he added.

(Additional reporting by Joshua Lott; Writing by Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston, Cynthia Osterman and Lisa Shumaker)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:34 pm 
God

Buffalo wrote:
Gunman kills four in Phoenix suburb, commits suicide

bcspace thinks this is funny. :confused:

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm 
God

Quote:

Yes, I think it's funny how you guys concentrate only on the mentally ill and drug fueled Mormon and not the mentally ill and drug fueled liberal atheist and try to make it seem that all Mormons are like this guy when the same logic says all atheists and liberals are like Jared Lee Loughner. Notice also how you skip over and ignore the evidence given. This is why we brand you as antiMormons; because you're willing to lie and say or support anything to smear the Church even if it's not true.

Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
A lesson on 'Faggotry' for Kevin Graham; a legitimately descriptive and even positive term used by homosexuals themselves.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:53 pm 
God

bcspace wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I think it's funny how you guys concentrate only on the mentally ill and drug fueled Mormon and not the mentally ill and drug fueled liberal atheist and try to make it seem that all Mormons are like this guy when the same logic says all atheists and liberals are like Jared Lee Loughner. Notice also how you skip over and ignore the evidence given. This is why we brand you as antiMormons; because you're willing to lie and say or support anything to smear the Church even if it's not true.

No one is making the arguments you're fighting against. Your accusations of lying are false. I was merely providing an example of a violent teabagger.

The rest is just excessive defensiveness on your part. The lady doth protest too much. I can see your recent humiliating defeat on the subject of doctrine has made you very angry. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:55 pm 
God

bcspace wrote:
Yes, I think it's funny how you guys concentrate only on the mentally ill and drug fueled Mormon and not the mentally ill and drug fueled liberal atheist and try to make it seem that all Mormons are like this guy when the same logic says all atheists and liberals are like Jared Lee Loughner.

Who are "you guys"? CFR on me doing anything like that.

Quote:
Notice also how you skip over and ignore the evidence given.

What evidence have I ignored? You made a joke about a mass murder, and I made a brief comment. It's not like I built this ridiculous hobby horse about "doctrine" and then ran away when I was shown just how ridiculous it was.

Quote:
This is why we brand you as antiMormons; because you're willing to lie and say or support anything to smear the Church even if it's not true.

BS. I am not willing to lie or say or support anything to smear the church. I am tired of you attacking my character and honesty for no reason other than you don't like people who have left the church. Stop lying about me.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next