It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Which mid-tier apologist is most important to the overall cause of Mopologetics?
LifeOnAPlate  71%  [ 20 ]
Will Schryver  29%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Re: Mid-tier apologist vote: Schryver vs. LoaP
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:08 am 
God

I got to admit Will, you are very Candid and rather straight forward. I can appreciate this...

2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:43 pm 
God

lostindc wrote:
I got to admit Will, you are very Candid and rather straight forward.

You think so?

I've never been told that before, so I have to admit it really surprises me to hear you say it.

Quote:
I can really appreciate this...

I've found most people can, so long as it's not directed at them.

However, if it's any consolation for those of you out there who have been the victims of my "candor" over the years, you should know that my daughters (especially the 17-year-old) have inherited from my wife's line (I presume) both a rapier wit and tongue, and therefore I have become their perpetual victim.

So you see, what they say about karma is verily true.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more abused I feel. Do you realize that I am surrounded by a veritable cloud of estrogen from day to day? I am verbally and emotionally abused by females from dawn to dusk, day after day, week after week, and year after year, and they have, each and every one, learned far too well how to hit where it hurts.

This is what karma serves me for abusing apostates online? I'm sorry, but the punishment is disproportionate to the crime.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:44 pm 
Elder

William Schryver wrote:
You see, I'm just "passing through" on my way to somewhere else.

Like Katrina "passing through" New Orleans.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:47 pm 
God

Mortal Man wrote:
William Schryver wrote:
You see, I'm just "passing through" on my way to somewhere else.

Like Katrina "passing through" New Orleans.

I actually thought of a kidney stone, but Katrina is good too.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:34 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
In fact, the more I think about it, the more abused I feel. Do you realize that I am surrounded by a veritable cloud of estrogen from day to day? I am verbally and emotionally abused by females from dawn to dusk, day after day, week after week, and year after year, and they have, each and every one, learned far too well how to hit where it hurts.

My wife is a lawyer who graduated first in her class and is much smarter than I am. You have my deepest sympathies.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:41 pm 
God

Trevor wrote:
William Schryver wrote:

My wife is a lawyer who graduated first in her class and is much smarter than I am. You have my deepest sympathies.

Thank goodness my wife is the perpetually kind and charitable one, rarely employing her stiletto or hitting below the belt, unless I really, really deserve it.

My daughters, on the other hand ... they have no such compunction.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
My daughters, on the other hand ... they have no such compunction.

I'm afraid that my five-year-old daughter is beginning to see daddy as uncool. Pray for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:46 pm 
Founder & Visionary

I voted that Will Schryver is the most important to the overall cause of Mopologetics. Although, by his own admission, he might not be as important over the long haul, he is the most important of the two right now by a longshot.

Why? For all the reasons that Kevin Graham has listed for us. Specifically, William is willing to take a bullet for the Book of Abraham, and a person like that is precisely what the Mopologists so desperately need right about now.

--Analytics, 09-11-2019

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
I voted that Will Schryver is the most important to the overall cause of Mopologetics. Although, by his own admission, he might not be as important over the long haul, he is the most important of the two right now by a longshot.

Why? For all the reasons that Kevin Graham has listed for us. Specifically, William is willing to take a bullet for the Book of Abraham, and a person like that is precisely what the Mopologists so desperately need right about now.

Or, just maybe, deliver a bunker buster into the Tora Bora of critical arguments about the KEP. Only time will tell ...

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:43 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

William Schryver wrote:
Or, just maybe, deliver a bunker buster into the Tora Bora of critical arguments about the KEP. Only time will tell ...

You know what's hilarious? When Mormons call someone else the Taliban.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 pm 
Quote:
You know what's hilarious? When Mormons call someone else the Taliban.

Or Joseph Smith calling the great god Anubis a "slave" just because he was black and for no other reason. Joseph Smith made a solid mockery of Egyptology and his successors have done nothing to apologize for this slam against the Egyptian religion.

It is not for molesters and apologetic fools to defend this false revelation. The president of the Moron church is duty bound to answer for this slam. Shame on the Presidents of the church for their continued silence.

Paul O

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:43 pm 
God

Will, hands down...

His level of importance for LDS apologetics is negligible, but the gravity of importance he considers for himself is like a black hole, which far surpasses, in degree and intensity, any other sense of importance.