It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A strange turn on my release as Gospel Doctrine teacher
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:12 pm 
God

Don't worry, consig--you've always got friends here. You know, birds of a feather and all that ...

`

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:14 pm 
God

truth dancer wrote:
Hearing some of you stories (smile), I often wondered how you got away with discussion outside of the manual in GD.

~td~

I totally agree with you, truth dancer.

I think I said on John's podcast that I was surprised they kept me in the calling as long as they did.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:16 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
Don't worry, consig--you've always got friends here. You know, birds of a feather and all that ...
`

Uhmmm, aren't you here, Will?

A man is never poor as long as he has friends.

All the Best!

--Clarencieri

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm 
God

Consig,

Doesn't this simply mean you are going to be called to some new calling? Maybe bishopric or something.

Zee.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm 
God

My main question is... will you be attending SS class and will you be pointing out all the obvious lies and falsehoods?

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 pm 
God

Scottie wrote:
My main question is... will you be attending SS class and will you be pointing out all the obvious lies and falsehoods?

I know you are speaking tongue-in-cheek, Scottie, but under the circumstances, I will continue to attend SS class, though I will feel less inclined to share my thoughts as I am no longer the teacher, and I see no real point in rocking the boat with the occasional lightning bolt from left-field. (I think that's three metaphors mixed in one sentence fragment.)

As to Zee's comment, my default calling that I am left with is High Priest's secretary. I suppose there is not too much damage I can do there.

Or is there? Any suggestions? This will require some creativity . . .

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:29 pm 
God

consiglieri wrote:
William Schryver wrote:
`

All the Best!

--Clarencieri

The difference being, of course, that it's always clear that I'm just passing through, whereas you and your cohorts belong.

When the day comes that people here start praising me, then you can say that I belong, too. Until then, the lines of demarcation are stark and bold, just as I prefer them.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:40 pm 
God

Hey Consig,

I have a good friend who is an active, believing Mormon in my ward. He is very knowledgeable in church history and still finds much good in the church. He is known as the heretic of the ward because he'll bring up things that make the instructor uncomfortable like saying that the notion of Adam and Eve not having blood is simply opinion even though it is in the Bible Dictionary - that kind of thing. Everyone really appreciates having him in class even though the teacher may flinch when he raises his hand. It would be so boring without him!

I would encourage you to make as many comments as possible in SS to keep it real. I mean, it's not like you would say anything I sometimes feel like saying. I see no danger at all. The true church would never be hurt by mild heretics in their midst.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:42 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
it's always clear that I'm just passing through,

It is likely no two words could better describe you, Will.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 pm 
God

consiglieri wrote:
William Schryver wrote:

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

I don't know, Consiglieri.

William Schryver wrote:
When the day comes that people here start praising me, then you can say that I belong, too.

It's wonderful to have you here, Will. You know that many of us hang on your every word.

You're welcome!

Yeah, cheap shot, I know, but you made it irresistible.

Perhaps deliberately - have you just been waiting for someone to rise to your bait?

Again, you're welcome!

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm 
the very elect

Scottie wrote:

Hello? Earth to the exmo who knowingly married a TBM!

Do you behave this way while sitting next to your TBM wife in SS?

You already know that such activity is not allowed.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm 
God

Quote:
It's wonderful to have you here, Will. You know that many of us hang on your every word.

Indeed, in process of time, many here may find that they have hung themselves on them, as will also be the case with the words of Nibley and others.

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm 
God

consiglieri wrote:
William Schryver wrote:
`

All the Best!

--Clarencieri

Ha ha hee hee!

You know I really get puzzled by the likes of Will, Nehor, BC and others who seem anxious to dis-invite the less stalwart or the wavering. Again another reason for someone with question never to go to MADB. This past weekend we had a visiting GA for our stake conference. The whole theme was seeking out those who are lost. This man seemed-and I believe he was-so very sincere and full of love. He truly radiated the spirit of Christ. He think he encouraged many to reach out to the less active, lost and wavering members of the Church. He kept emphasizing love, that members must love and act based solely on love and reach out to even those that make it hard to reach out and to hold out a hand that will be there if and when the lost sheep are ready to grab hold.

What a contrast. I have no doubt that much of the behavior from the Wills, BCs, and others who know who they are would be reprimanded by this member of the 70. He would be sorely disappointed.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:45 pm 
God

consiglieri wrote:
William Schryver wrote:

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

I have no idea if you had the intent I read into this, but either way, it was hilarious!!

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
When the day comes that people here start praising me, then you can say that I belong, too.

In some sense, this is why I like it when JSM and the Dude get sick of me. I take it to mean I'm still on the right path.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:

The difference being, of course, that it's always clear that I'm just passing through, whereas you and your cohorts belong.

When the day comes that people here start praising me, then you can say that I belong, too. Until then, the lines of demarcation are stark and bold, just as I prefer them.

The day I feel like I am with you is the day I am sure the spirit of Christ has left me. You seem bereft of it. There are wavering members and even ex LDS persons here who act more Christ like and bear more Christ like fruits than you do. You are in need of repentance. No go and have at it.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:52 pm 
God

Jason Bourne wrote:
You know I really get puzzled by the likes of Will, Nehor, BC and others who seem anxious to dis-invite the less stalwart or the wavering.
I wouldn't want to disinvite Consig, but I do hope Abaddon publicly admits his lack of belief instead of playing games with sins and the temple.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm 
God

asbestosman wrote:
I wouldn't want to disinvite Consig, but I do hope Abaddon publicly admits his lack of belief instead of playing games with sins and the temple.

Abaddon's is a pretty typical reaction to losing faith. It will pass, and I wouldn't judge him too harshly for things done during a period of confusion and fear. I'd worry about him if such stuff continued for a long time.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:20 pm 
God

Runtu wrote:
Abaddon's is a pretty typical reaction to losing faith. It will pass, and I wouldn't judge him too harshly for things done during a period of confusion and fear. I'd worry about him if such stuff continued for a long time.
Forgive the sinner, sure. I just have a hard time with this particular behavior and I think it's proper for me to voice it. I don't necessarily need to harp on it. Even so, I do feel somehow betrayed even if perhaps I shouldn't.

Let's put it this way. How would you feel if I, who post as a believing Mormon on the interwebs, came out and said I was pulling everyone's leg--that I'm really an exmormon and only post as a believer? Wouldn't you feel that I betrayed you? Even that wouldn't be a perfect analogy since I wouldn't be betraying your deeply-held religious beliefs.

Maybe religion shouldn't have a privileged status on avoiding mockery, but in the culture I've been raised in (American, not just Mormon) we should always avoid mocking someone's religion. Now, I can handle the mockery. I mean, I've poster here for years. I just have no respect for it--I find such mockery very distasteful.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:36 pm 
the very elect

asbestosman wrote:
Maybe religion shouldn't have a privileged status on avoiding mockery, but in the culture I've been raised in (American, not just Mormon) we should always avoid mocking someone's religion. Now, I can handle the mockery. I mean, I've poster here for years. I just have no respect for it--I find such mockery very distasteful.
I only mock that which is a mockery and Mormonism is a mockery of many simple christian and masonic beliefs which I typically don't mock.

Mormonism deserves to be mocked. I KNOW that it is pure ____.

I am objective you are subjective.

You have feelings and I have knowledge.

My knowledge can kick your feelings ass any day.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:27 pm 
God

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
consiglieri,

Hmmmm, just curious, does Danny Peterson know your bishop or stake prez?

Get a forensic team on that trail of donut crumbs right away.