Holy Ghost Contradiction

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

grayskull wrote:Yo grampa,

did you read what I wrote? this isn't about proof or disproof, it's about a contradiction between two Mormon teachings. One that says the HG has to be a spirit in order to go inside your body, and another one that says the HG influences us from a distance, like the sun's rays, the sun not actually entering us.

Yo grayskull,

The sun DOES enter us.

http://soundmedicine.iu.edu/segment.php4?seg=468

I see no contradiction in LDS teachings. The Holy Ghost can enter us either as a personage of spirit or like the sun's rays.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

grayskull wrote:it's about a contradiction between two Mormon teachings. One that says the HG has to be a spirit in order to go inside your body, and another one that says the HG influences us from a distance, like the sun's rays, the sun not actually entering us.

But the second one (influences us from a distance, like the sun's rays) isn't in the LDS cannon. I do, however, remember it from my old missionary discussions as an additional help.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_grayskull
_Emeritus

Post by _grayskull »

Alter,

The whole point of LeGrand's analogy was to avoid the HG needing to literally dwell in us. Notice that the spiritual nature of the HG is as such necessarily, to literally enter our bodies. LeGrand's teachings contradict that necessity.

Asb,

I realize there are two sects of Mormonism, and one of them laughs at the living prophets while only taking the scriptures seriously. ; )

p.s. Join us.
_Rich
_Emeritus

Post by _Rich »

I can't help you with the Holy Ghost problem but I can with Santa Claus. You see, he is a time lord and his sleigh is his tardus (sp?). After each visit he simply resets time.

Like I said, I can't help you with the Holy Ghost. The main reason is because he is a spirit and I have no idea the real nature of a spirit.