"I don't want my identity known because I am a stalker&

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I think the Mods were just pissy because of the cheerleading The Dude has been receiving here, and felt the need to "discipline" him in some way.

harmony
God

Post by harmony »

The Dude wrote:I thought I was engaging him in a discussion about a book that he had read -- The God Delusion. But oops, I was suspended for asking.

Perhaps he's upset because someone else wrote such a personally applicable book to himself?

harmony
God

Post by harmony »

beastie wrote:
Juliann has a soft spot for The Dude. She'll keep him around. ;)

There you go. I suspected as much. Juliann has a much, much harder time, emotionally (going from the level of her sarcasm and dismissiveness) with female critics than she does with male critics.

IIRC, Juliann is single, which would explain a few things.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

liz3564 wrote:I think the Mods were just pissy because of the cheerleading The Dude has been receiving here, and felt the need to "discipline" him in some way.

This is probably the case. When you have power, it can burn a hole in your pocket unless you either abuse it or else learn to channel your pissiness into origami.

I wonder if even talking about could dig a deeper hole for The Dude?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

beastie
God

Post by beastie »

This is probably the case. When you have power, it can burn a hole in your pocket unless you either abuse it or else learn to channel your pissiness into origami.

I wonder if even talking about could dig a deeper hole for The Dude?

Probably. Hence my sincere offer to the dude to no longer cheerlead for him on this board if it created difficulties for his continuing participation at MAD.

What say we all chip in and buy some "origami for dummies" books and send the to the mods as a token of our affection?
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

asbestosman
God

Post by asbestosman »

beastie wrote:What say we all chip in and buy some "origami for dummies" books and send the to the mods as a token of our affection?

Or you could use origamis as avatars. After all, the mods all read this board, don't they? Besides, you wouldn't be able to track down the mods with their double-layer of anonymity and all.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

asbestosman wrote:
beastie wrote:What say we all chip in and buy some "origami for dummies" books and send the to the mods as a token of our affection?

Or you could use origamis as avatars. After all, the mods all read this board, don't they? Besides, you wouldn't be able to track down the mods with their double-layer of anonymity and all.

I suppose we could really get their attention with a bunch of red text. ~ moksha
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

liz3564 wrote:I think the Mods were just pissy because of the cheerleading The Dude has been receiving here, and felt the need to "discipline" him in some way.

Uh...okay...so what you're saying, Liz, is that you think they think that if a person is supported and well liked on another board they should be punished.

So in their "minds" (I use the term loosely) well liked+another board=infraction.

Makes my head hurt.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb