"I don't want my identity known because I am a stalker&

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Juliann has a soft spot for The Dude. She'll keep him around. ;)

There you go. I suspected as much. Juliann has a much, much harder time, emotionally (going from the level of her sarcasm and dismissiveness) with female critics than she does with male critics.

by the way, liz, based on your past experience, do you think that Dan complained about the dude for his "goading" (which is a baseless charge on that particular thread, now critics can't even ask blunt questions of believers?) or were the mods just looking for an excuse to whack him... (maybe partly due to the cheerleading he receives here)
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I think the Mods were just pissy because of the cheerleading The Dude has been receiving here, and felt the need to "discipline" him in some way.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

The Dude wrote:I thought I was engaging him in a discussion about a book that he had read -- The God Delusion. But oops, I was suspended for asking.

Perhaps he's upset because someone else wrote such a personally applicable book to himself?
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

beastie wrote:
Juliann has a soft spot for The Dude. She'll keep him around. ;)

There you go. I suspected as much. Juliann has a much, much harder time, emotionally (going from the level of her sarcasm and dismissiveness) with female critics than she does with male critics.

If I recall correctly, Juliann is single, which would explain a few things.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

liz3564 wrote:I think the Mods were just pissy because of the cheerleading The Dude has been receiving here, and felt the need to "discipline" him in some way.

This is probably the case. When you have power, it can burn a hole in your pocket unless you either abuse it or else learn to channel your pissiness into origami.

I wonder if even talking about could dig a deeper hole for The Dude?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

This is probably the case. When you have power, it can burn a hole in your pocket unless you either abuse it or else learn to channel your pissiness into origami.

I wonder if even talking about could dig a deeper hole for The Dude?

Probably. Hence my sincere offer to the dude to no longer cheerlead for him on this board if it created difficulties for his continuing participation at MAD.

What say we all chip in and buy some "origami for dummies" books and send the to the mods as a token of our affection?
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

beastie wrote:What say we all chip in and buy some "origami for dummies" books and send the to the mods as a token of our affection?

Or you could use origamis as avatars. After all, the mods all read this board, don't they? Besides, you wouldn't be able to track down the mods with their double-layer of anonymity and all.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

asbestosman wrote:
beastie wrote:What say we all chip in and buy some "origami for dummies" books and send the to the mods as a token of our affection?

Or you could use origamis as avatars. After all, the mods all read this board, don't they? Besides, you wouldn't be able to track down the mods with their double-layer of anonymity and all.

I suppose we could really get their attention with a bunch of red text. ~ moksha
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

liz3564 wrote:I think the Mods were just pissy because of the cheerleading The Dude has been receiving here, and felt the need to "discipline" him in some way.

Uh...okay...so what you're saying, Liz, is that you think they think that if a person is supported and well liked on another board they should be punished.

So in their "minds" (I use the term loosely) well liked+another board=infraction.

Makes my head hurt.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb