It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mormons on opposite sides in immigration fight - SLTrib.com
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm 
God

"The Church doesn't take a position on immigration, it calls as clergymen (bishops and branch presidents) illegals; it provides welfare assistance to illegals."

The LDS Church has taken a stand on illegal immigration. It is stated something like 'obey the law of the land'. Any LDS member who hires illegals, promotes their being here, helps them stay or calls them to any LDS calling knowing they are criminals should be locked in jail for a year or more along with the border criminals themselves.

LDSinc is trying to have it all while denying core Doctrines of The Church.

Post subject: Re: Mormons on opposite sides in immigration fight - SLTrib.com
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:50 am 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
However, being "anti-illegal immigration" means -- keeping all people out.

The U.S. immigration policy is not about security -- any fool can sneak in drugs or weapons. It is about racism. Keep those brown folks out. Canadians, OK. We'll let them in. Any one who studies the immigration laws, the prejudice against the Chinese, can see it.

Had we had today's immigration laws applying to your English ancestors 100 years ago, you'd still be working a coal mine in Wales.

The problem is there seems to be little or no immigration policy. Certainly immigration needs to be controlled and regulated. We are not the same nation we were 100 or more years ago so I think this is a poor argument. Personally, I would like to see the US really come up with a fair and reasonable plan. As one who is very familiar with agriculture, both with clients and family who are involved in such business I see how difficult it is to find good worked from US citizens who will work and do a good job at the lower waged the agriculture pays. No doubt other industries have the same problem. I would like to see a guest worker program put in place that could lead to citizenship for those who want it over a certain period of time based on reasonable criteria.

And so I am for good robust controlled immigration policy as well as a guest worker program. I oppose a porous border and an opposed think there has to be a better way than the current abundance of illegals.

And yes Bob the primary problem is from south of our border currently. Saying such does not make me a bigot. It is just the way it is. And less you accuse me of being a bigot for saying such keep in mind I have a Latino son in law who is now living in the US with my daughter and is here legally with a green card that I paid steep attorney fees to help obtain. His buddy on the other hand came to the US on a student visa to attend an English program then decided not to go back home. He is here still-illegally.