Brigham "Kiss my a**" Young-Link Inside

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_gramps
_Emeritus

Re: Brigham "Kiss my a**" Young-Link Inside

Post by _gramps »

grampa75 wrote:
gramps wrote:Here is the link to a really funny story, in my opinion. Too bad the original didn't make it to the final draft.

http://www.timesandseasons.org/?p=3746#more-3746

Maybe we should continue this thread as the "favorite Brigham Young quotes" thread.

Anyone game?

I would personally be glad to discuss anything that Brigham Young has offered the Church in the way of truth and understanding. First I would be forced to say that any true Mormon cannot be deceived by anyone if the follow the dictates of their own teachings. When Lehi received revelation from God he reveled what the Lord had told him to his family. However, the only one who believed Lehi was Nephi and why was that? Because Nephi verified what he had heard from his father from the Lord. Every truth is given by the mouth of two or more witnesses, but one of those witnesses must be the Holy Spirit of God, if not, then it is possible to be deceived.
1 John 2: 27 The anointing which you have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you. But the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie. And even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
D & C 6: 11 If thou wilt enquire thou shalt know mysteries which are great and marvelous. Therefore thou shalt exercise thy gift that thou mayest find out mysteries, that thou mayest bring many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, convince them of the error of thier ways.
St. John 8: 31 If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.
32. And you shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall make you free.
D & C 93: 24 And TRUTH is the knowledge of things as they were, as they are, and as they are to come.

grampa75

Thanks for the scripture lesson. I'm sure you and Gaz are going to get along just swimmingly.

Welcome to the board, grampa75.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland