It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Putting it to Rest
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:32 pm 
God

Quote:
IMO, Will's problem isn't latent homosexuality, it's more his immature attempts at flirting.

Nah, I don’t think it’s flirting. No one, on any planet, thinks that calling a woman a whore is flirting. I think it’s the behavior of someone who does not like women. Of course, I’m basing this on his general history, as well – he demeans females by either making somewhat lewd comments with the embedded hint that the female is a whore, or he demeans the female by insinuating she is not sexually attractive.

At the same time, he’s pretty much included phallic worship in his version of Mormonism.

I’m not saying this is evidence of homosexuality, by the way. Most gay men I’ve known like women. I think it’s evidence of someone who doesn’t like women. Who knows why – anger over rejection, anger at all-powerful-mommy, who the heck knows. Or cares.

I’ve decided that the only comment Will merits is:

Sure you did, sweetie. Sure you did.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:34 pm 
Alter Idem wrote:
I think not. Last night at MADB we had a poster totally meltdown on a thread. I and others reported the thread. No mods showed up to do anything about it and I can tell you, the guy was swearing up a storm. If a mod had been on the board, they would have done something about it. Scott was posting on the board during the meltdown, as well as Selek and Calmoriah--two others I think some have speculated about. I could be wrong, but I think they would have done something about the thread if they had been mods.

Fair enough. I don't post on MAD, and you may be right, and my "theory" wrong. Cal has openly denied, many times, that she's a mod, contrary to speculation, and I believe her. Selek has been suspended several times, so it's very unlikely he's a mod.

One thing we should all note, though. Scratch is often accused for being anonymous, yet even you don't know who the MAD mods are. Just about every board I've posted on, including political ones in Australia, everyone knew who the mods were. And why should they? So that when they tried to bully posters they could be taken to task for their personal biases. This is not possible on MAD.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 pm 
Apostle

John Larsen wrote:
FYI, I was just suspended from MAD.

I'm sorry John, but not surprised.

Since Dr. P. has decided not to post at MD, it's clear the mods accommodate his desire to respond by letting him use their board for his responses. The purpose for those threads is to let him have a soapbox; and lest anyone misunderstand, it sure isn't to encourage open dialogue, as you found out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm 
Apostle

beastie wrote:
Quote:
IMO, Will's problem isn't latent homosexuality, it's more his immature attempts at flirting.

Nah, I don’t think it’s flirting. No one, on any planet, thinks that calling a woman a whore is flirting. I think it’s the behavior of someone who does not like women. Of course, I’m basing this on his general history, as well – he demeans females by either making somewhat lewd comments with the embedded hint that the female is a whore, or he demeans the female by insinuating she is not sexually attractive.

At the same time, he’s pretty much included phallic worship in his version of Mormonism.

I’m not saying this is evidence of homosexuality, by the way. Most gay men I’ve known like women. I think it’s evidence of someone who doesn’t like women. Who knows why – anger over rejection, anger at all-powerful-mommy, who the heck knows. Or cares.

I’ve decided that the only comment Will merits is:

Sure you did, sweetie. Sure you did.

While we're playing arm-chair psychiatrists, I'll say I still think he's attracted to her, but he's probably angry with himself for it and so he attacks her, subconsciously blaming her for it. But I'm no Psychiatrist, so take it with a grain of salt.

I've not seen him act this way at MADB. I think he compartmentalizes and labels women the way he does people.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 pm 
Alter Idem wrote:
Since Dr. P. has decided not to post at MD, it's clear the mods accommodate his desire to respond by letting him use their board for his responses. The purpose for those threads is to let him have a soapbox; and lest anyone misunderstand, it sure isn't to encourage open dialogue, as you found out.

DCP can't have it both ways. The mods give him carte blanche to break the board rules and make them look like hypocrites, yet he expects people to believe him when he says that he's never influenced bannings? I don't think he's PMed the mods and asked someone to be banned, but it's clear that they act obsequiously towards him, and he knows that. Giving him even more special privileges does their image no good whatsoever. It just goes to show how they will protect and defend their apologist mates, and suspend posters like John Larsen for daring to question their moderational integrity.

And I agree with John Larsen. If they have the courage of their convictions, then excuses for not posting here while getting special protection on MAD will not suffice. It makes them look like intellectual cowards. As much as I disagree with Will, at least he had the balls to come back and make an ass of himself even more.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 pm 
Apostle

Ray A wrote:
Alter Idem wrote:

DCP can't have it both ways. The mods give him carte blanche to break the board rules and make them look like hypocrites, yet he expects people to believe him when he says that he's never influenced bannings? I don't think he's PMed the mods and asked someone to be banned, but it's clear that they act obsequiously towards him, and he knows that. Giving him even more special privileges does their image no good whatsoever. It just goes to show how they will protect and defend their apologist mates, and suspend posters like John Larsen for daring to question their moderational integrity.

And I agree with John Larsen. If they have the courage of their convictions, then excuses for not posting here while getting special protection on MAD will not suffice. It makes them look like intellectual cowards. As much as I disagree with Will, at least he had the balls to come back and make an ass of himself even more.

The mods used to remind us often that they are not 'fair'--and they didn't mean that they weren't the 'fair' board--they meant they were not fair or balanced in the way they run their board. They treat posters unequally and they decide when they will enforce the rules and when they will ignore them.

I'm not saying I approve, I'm saying this is how it is. It's their board--they want a board where Dr. P and other apologists will participate and running it this way gets them what they want. So, I don't see them changing it and no amount of complaining from this board will change it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:39 pm 
Alter Idem wrote:
The mods used to remind us often that they are not 'fair'--and they didn't mean that they weren't the 'fair' board--they meant they were not fair or balanced in the way they run their board. They treat posters unequally and they decide when they will enforce the rules and when they will ignore them.

I'm not saying I approve, I'm saying this is how it is. It's their board--they want a board where Dr. P and other apologists will participate and running it this way gets them what they want. So, I don't see them changing it and no amount of complaining from this board will change it.

In other words, they have zero credibility. But it's their credibility, and they can do with it whatever they like. It's sort of like a referee going into a soccer game saying, "I'm from Liverpool, and you're playing on my home ground, so I don't promise to be fair. If I unfairly rule against you, don't complain - because you're on my home ground."

Does a world of good to make people trust them.

Would this not be an indication of how they approach everything?? With special rules in favour of the home team, who always win by default?

Are they not making an abject mockery of some basic Mormon values, like the 13th Article of Faith?:

Quote:
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy

Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
liz3564 wrote:
It seems the name, Will Schryver is synonymous with "attention whore".

Insert phrase for translation:

William Schryver

Translation:

Attention whore

[/Reformed Egyptian translator powered by Rosetta Stone]

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:53 pm 
θεά

beastie wrote:
KA’s dress showed a bit of beautiful cleavage. Big deal. For this Will basically calls her a whore. His burka-brothers would firmly agree.

I had a Mormon on one of the blogs I frequent tell me that I was a whore for wearing tank tops. He wanted to know if I would honestly be comfortable standing before Jesus in a tank top. It's like, my favoritest thing that a Mormon has ever asked me (outside of "Will you marry me?").

KA, I'm not sure what this thread was supposed to be putting to rest, but I think the dress looks classy and beautiful on you.

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:27 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mr. Ttribe,

I am not sure you are aware of the signs of repressed homosexuality in males, but the manner in which Mr. William Schryver relates to women, aggressively demeaning them while simultaneously hypersexualizing them is a common tactic to repress homosexual feelings and to deflect the inner fear that others may see him for what he truly is. Combine that with his lust for theater, in which the availibility of homosexual males is a plenty, and it is clear Mr. William Schryver has had his struggles with same sex attraction. I would not be surprised if his wife knew about his "shortcoming", and in the goodly Mormon female role is dutifully standing by him as he works his way through this trial, that, for some odd reason, never seems to get resolved. *raised eyebrow*

Very Respectfully,

Doctor CamNC4Me

I don't know about that. I think a more reliable indicator of possible repressed homoerotic feelings is pronounced antipathy towards homosexuals, although, even that is a far from perfect indicator.

(I lost access to my Milesius account, so I had to retrieve this one from the mothballs.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:31 am 
Founder & Visionary

Alter Idem wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:
What amazes me is that Will is somehow convinced that he's had his calling and election made sure.

Sorry to derail, but did he actually say this?

Yes, he did. On more than one occasion.

John Larsen wrote:
FYI, I was just suspended from MAD.

Will you please provide a link to the thread in which this happened?

--Analytics, 09-11-2019

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:31 am 
Elder

Hi KA. The infamy of that little black number has reached all the way up here to the (Not-So) Frozen North, with various threads on it through the years. I am so surprised to see so much material. From the comments I've seen posted here and there, I expected no straps, far less material and massive cleavage. How interesting to see what it's all been about. Great pix by the way. How many women can only wish they could slip into a cocktail dress on the spur of the moment, over exercise pants and white trainers, no less, and look as attractive as you do!

I didn't know about your surgery. Congrats on making a choice to benefit your physical health. (One of these days I'll have to check out your blog. I enjoy your writing).

I have commented several times that after reading some of his posts here I was surprised to discover that Dr. Scratch identifies as LDS. No offence meant to Scratch but I had expected that he would naturally support the home team more in a non-LDS environment. I understand better now that he takes exception to the apologetics branch of Mormonism and that doesn't necessarily say anything about his loyalty to his religion. But. I was beyond shocked to discover that this Will guy is active LDS. I sometimes can't believe my eyes when I read some of what comes out of his dingy mind. I couldn't tell from his posts on topics like this that he is Mormon.

Funny thing. The missionaries my friends introduced me to years ago (through whom I eventually joined the Mormon Church) impressed me because they were among the (very) few men who actually kept their eyes up high when they spoke to women, rather than talking to boobage. I thought that was because they were steeped in a faith that taught ideals such as the following:

AoF 13 (mentioned by Ray above):
"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

I could have been wrong about the reasons for the mishies' courtesy - or not. But it's hard to fathom how an active Mormon can be as crude as Will S is, in public view, if he reads his own church's scriptures and teachings such as that above, even once a year. I understand that males like females and enjoy looking at them, no matter what religious beliefs one holds. But the glimpse into a mind like Will's is disturbing. And he calls this place a sewer. His crudities on numerous occasions (which establish a pattern of thinking and behaviour) show where the sewage is.

Any man who calls a pleasant, attractive, moral, friendly, good mom and faithful wife like KA a "whore" has serious issues. I'm glad he doesn't sit in a pew near me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:47 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Will you please provide a link to the thread in which this happened?

John starts his offensive and vicious attack here:

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/topic/ ... 1208806076

With the frustration they must feel from one of their own deep ending it over here, someone had to be slapped down.

Oh and John, please, for entertainment value, please drop your requirement on William appearing as a guest. Capture Billy in his full glory for posterity.

hmmm, "Billy", wonder if that name engenders warm and fuzzy mommy moments?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:50 am 
Cupcake Queen

Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments.

John, I'm sorry you were suspended from MADB. They need more critics, so I hope you're posting again soon.

Nightingale, your post sums up the reason I started this thread: I wanted to put to rest the unwarranted conjecture about a dress I wore three years ago. From various online descriptions of it, one would think I spent that October evening of 2006 wearing less than a Kleenex! In reality, I wore a black, conservative cocktail dress to dinner and then enjoyed Brent Metcalfe's presentation. I hope it's obvious now, at least to most folks, that all the hullabaloo over "The Dress" was much ado about nothing.

Kimberly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am 
God

To offer my bias filled 2 cents in regard to the " sistuation " at the MADB.

It is very obvious, to me anyway, that the MADB is EXTREMELY bias towards a few posters there ( Kinda like a mere few posters completely control the topics and most certainly put a STOP to threads when it benefits these few. Similarly, the threads are allowed to continue at great lengths when they seem to be going in the direction that again benefit these same few). ( Names left out on purpose )

As one who has been barred from threads at MADB and as one who has had their posts " mysteriously " deleted, I would suggest that the " Powers " there should atleast give notice to the poster that was barred/banned ( or atleast notify the other posters in the ongoing thread that one of the participants have been barred/banned )and might also consider sharing who the mod was that enforced said bar/ban.

IMHO, it is indeed a " slanted " enviornment to post in and when one considers that not all of the perspectives are allowed to enter the ring ( Silencing some ), it strikes me as a rather mind-bending enviornment to debate/discuss in.
After all, it is a Mormon Apologetic Discussion Board and one would think that there are plently of LDS Apologists'/ Pundits that would be quit capable of having these ( ALL welcome ) discussions.

At any rate, just my 2 cents.

Peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 am 
God

KimberlyAnn wrote:

I say this with all respect and sincerity:

YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:25 am 
God

William Schryver wrote:
The breast reduction surgery appears to have been successful.

lol

1 Nephi 14:11

Sigh ... some things never change. Will is and always will be a dick.

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 am 
God

Ceeboo wrote:

As one who has been barred from threads at MADB and as one who has had their posts " mysteriously " deleted, I would suggest that the " Powers " there should atleast give notice to the poster that was barred/banned ( or atleast notify the other posters in the ongoing thread that one of the participants have been barred/banned )and might also consider sharing who the mod was that enforced said bar/ban.

The offending line that might have gotten me bumped was this one:
John Larsen on MADB wrote:
You should probably know by now that posts are deleted here fairly regularly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:37 am 
God

John Larsen wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:

The offending line that might have gotten me bumped was this one:
John Larsen on MADB wrote:
You should probably know by now that posts are deleted here fairly regularly.

Hey John,

Sorry to hear you were banned !!!

A loss for all ( IMHO )

by the way, I recently checked out your site ( listened to a few pod casts ).
As an outsider, I simply wanted to commend you on the " layout " and wealth of info your work/effort provides.

Any hoooo,

Peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 am 
Cupcake Queen

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
I say this with all respect and sincerity:

YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!

Thank you, Rollo.

I truly appreciate your sincere, respectful compliment. Genuine compliments, unaccompanied by lewd comments or pick-up lines, are rare. I think most women could use more of them.

KA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:00 am 
Cupcake Queen

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
William Schryver wrote:
The breast reduction surgery appears to have been successful.

lol

1 Nephi 14:11

Sigh ... some things never change. Will is and always will be a dick.

He should have been named Richard.

KA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next