I hate lazy research!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Fortigurn wrote:
bcspace wrote:
So do I. All antiLDS critics are guilty of it without exception.

What evidence can you provide for this claim?

Any debate involving an antiLDS critic.

Ah, so mere assertion then, no actual evidence.

Yours is a good example......

Great, walk me through it please

Because withholding the priesthood from blacks is not "stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own."

I'm amazed you can say that with a straight face.

Please don't be. By the time you finish seeing this individual and a few others here make statements like that, you will have had a heart attack.

Mind you, the Catholic church had black priests and bishops long before Joseph Smith's dream in the woods, but that's just because they were already apostates.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Bryan Inks
_Emeritus

Post by _Bryan Inks »

bcspace wrote:
Indeed. And I have given you the test that will prove whether I am right or wrong.

No, you presented a circular path to side-tracking that has nothing to do with the topic on hand. I want you proof.

Your proof is found in the one example of an LDS critic who is not lazy in their research that you may or may not be able to give. I cdertainly can't give an example of a non lazy critic. Can you? So as you can see, the argument, rather than being circular, is quite terminal. The answer is in black and white.

Let me remind you that you made the claim that all critics of Mormonism are, without exception, guilty of "lazy research". You now need to prove it. Pretty simple, huh?

So why can't you? I haven't made any claims other than I hate lazy research. I can prove that I hate lazy research, if you would like. But you made the claim that all critics of Mormonism are guilty of "lazy research".

Now just prove it.

bcspace wrote:
Right now you need to present your proof that all critics of Mormonism are guilty of "lazy reseach".

The fact that no one can come up with a single example otherwise.

No one needs to. You need to come up with proof that all critics are guilty of "lazy research".

Again. You made the statement. You need to provide the proof. The evidence. So do it or admit that you are incapable of doing so.

bcspace wrote:
Now we have a second anecdotal example. At least it is progress. I figure if I give you another 12 years, you might build up to the point where you are ready to present your evidence.

Until then, I'm going to keep asking.

And I will simply keep asking for an opposing example. It's the quickest way to the truth should you choose to accept it. It's just good use of the Occam's razor principle....

I'm not providing anything because I haven't made any claims about it. You need to accept your burden and back up your damn statement. Proof. Now.