It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Church just dropped 50M on a Texas Cattle Ranch
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:26 pm 
God

I think I read somewhere once that "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Quote:
The 15,000-acre spread southeast of Dallas in Leon and Freestone counties was put up for sale more than a year ago by one of Fort Worth's prominent families.

Dallas-based Icon Global Group listed the grand property priced at just almost $50 million.

The KB Carter Ranch was purchased by an arm of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

“They are one of the largest cattle ranch operators in the U.S.,” said Icon Global founder Bernard Uechtritz. “They have a lot of ranches across the country.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... new-owner/

The focus of TSCC is to make money, pure and simple.

Post subject: Re: Church just dropped 50M on a Texas Cattle Ranch
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 pm 
God

Location: Cassius University Hall of Mirrors - Its Symbolic of Something Significant I Just Know it!
sunstoned wrote:
The focus of TSCC is to make money, pure and simple.

And jerky....... :wink:

Is Midgely serious? Peterson's blog is a patty-cake, surface only, all too frequently plagiarized bit of ephemeral nonsense. Why would anyone suppose avatars must be real? Midgley has lost his tiny little mind. Maybe he can go over to never-neverland and harass Peter Pan for not really knowing how to fly. -Lemmie-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:58 am 
God

Because when Jesus comes back He’s going to want a steak. I wonder how many dupes are going to pay for the privilege to be a ranch hand? Or slaughterhouse worker? I’m not being facetious, either. I know two retired couples who ‘serve’ missions and work for free at nut farms of the Real Estate Holdings Company of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Crazy.

KEEP CLEANING THOSE TOILETS, LATTER-DAY SAINTS.

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 am 
God

I'm sure the pain retired members feel because of the lack of sufficient retirement savings will pass, especially when they reflect on the bounteous stock and real estate returns the holy hedge fund makes. This texas ranch purchase will be well worth the sacrifice these retirees and their impoverished heirs make with each tithing payment. Go fund go!

By the way, I think our believing sacrificers should avoid watching this video where some jacka$$ with Causse says that the reason the finances are secret is that it is just too sacred to tell or flaunt. Meanwhile, the head of ensign peek spills the beans on why the secrecy. It seems the brethren are worried the members might discover the truth about how the church doesn't need the money.

https://youtu.be/-rrHuZBliXQ

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Last edited by Dr Exiled on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:25 am 
God

A 'Church' didn't spend this money, a business masquerading as a religion did.

Next there will be "missions" for young men who are called to be sacred cowboys.

“The dark skin was placed upon the Lamanites so that they could be distinguished from Nephites and to keep the two peoples from mixing. The dark skin was the sign of the curse. The curse was the withdrawal of the Spirit of the Lord. Dark skin is no longer to be considered a sign of the curse”
LDS Church "Come Follow Me" manual in 2020, print version.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:43 am 
Hermit

It’s all about eating meat sparingly.

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:53 am 
God

How many ranches across the country do they have? Remember when Hinckley said they hardly get any money from their business ventures? I'm guessing that does not apply today at all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:31 am 
God

Dr Exiled wrote:
I'm sure the pain retired members feel because of the lack of sufficient retirement savings ...

The Church will be asking for senior missionaries to work this Texas ranch, just like they have senior missionaries work the Florida ranch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:44 am 
God

moksha wrote:
The Church will be asking for senior missionaries to work this Texas ranch, just like they have senior missionaries work the Florida ranch.

My Father-In-law put in to work for a ranch for the Church. His brother got to do it, so he figured, fancying himself a cowboy, he'd do it too. But, the list was too long. They told him those were coveted by old guys trying to fulfill their youthful dreams of riding horses and driving cattle with a six-shooter in their holster. I guess it's a highly coveted missionary experience.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 pm 
God

Stem wrote:
moksha wrote:

My Father-In-law put in to work for a ranch for the Church. His brother got to do it, so he figured, fancying himself a cowboy, he'd do it too. But, the list was too long. They told him those were coveted by old guys trying to fulfill their youthful dreams of riding horses and driving cattle with a six-shooter in their holster. I guess it's a highly coveted missionary experience.

I wonder if the local leaders at these ranches lead the group prayer, asking that no unnecessary costs will be incurred, like injuries to our old guys who are experiencing their fantasies? Surely costs must be contained for the holy hedge fund to prosper. However, I bet the old timers are asked, with the humble superiority church leaders can only muster, to insure themselves in addition to paying their way and cleaning the toilets, of course.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:28 pm 
Prophet

Gadianton wrote:
It’s all about eating meat sparingly.

Or in times of Cold or Famine.

God inspired the invention of Air Conditioning so you can always find Cold rooms and restaurants so you can eat your steaks.

There is always a famine somewhere in the world.

See, built in ways to make sure you get the beef.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:37 pm 
God

Too bad the people of Africa didn't ask Elder Andersen for some cattle instead of clean drinking water. Apparently, the not-wealthy people can afford the latter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm 
Bishop

Texas Cattle Ranch sounds like slang for something kinky.

"I met up with my friends and their spouses the other night for a Texas Cattle Ranch. I couldn't look my wife in the eyes the next day."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 pm 
God

Maybe the Church could be the new Rhodesia in Africa? They could open up all sorts of cattle ranching markets and farms in the mother continent. Lots of missionary opportunities for the Saints there, I'm sure.

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 pm 
God

Stem wrote:
moksha wrote:

Ranch missionary theme song: https://youtu.be/sV4jRuV44ik

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm 
God

Texas cattle ranch, a broad flat grassy area with cows munching the grass.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:05 pm 
God

Okay math whizzes, how much per acre if 15,000 acres sold for $50,000,000?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:18 pm 
Prophet

They won't do it in North Dakota. Farm and ranches can only be owned by legal residents of the State. Family Corp is OK, but has to be of legal residents. Monsanto and the like can't own the farms or ranches.

Remember the Oil Pipeline the Indians protested? Special legislation allowed the Oil Company to buy he ranch land to put in the pipeline - but then they had to sell it to private individuals after installation.

North Dakota is #1 producer of 8 farm crops and in the top 10 in 20. Quite a bit of the land is used for producing food for the Nation and the World.

Also North Dakota is supposedly one of the lowest percentage of L-d$,inc members in the nation. Maybe that is why they see so few missionaries and GA visits? Keep the place free from MoronicPriesthood, Inc.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:50 am 
God

Stem wrote:
They told him those were coveted by old guys trying to fulfill their youthful dreams of riding horses and driving cattle with a six-shooter in their holster. I guess it's a highly coveted missionary experience.

Ah, the joys of loading manure onto the back of a truck!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm 
God

Location: Cassius University Hall of Mirrors - Its Symbolic of Something Significant I Just Know it!
This cattle ranch business makes perfectly good sense actually as we know Elohim loves cattle which are sacred....well, on some continents anyway.....
man....... think of the inspirational stories for the Church News this is going to generate! Man prays for lost horse and finds it! Oooooooooo, shivers already!

Is Midgely serious? Peterson's blog is a patty-cake, surface only, all too frequently plagiarized bit of ephemeral nonsense. Why would anyone suppose avatars must be real? Midgley has lost his tiny little mind. Maybe he can go over to never-neverland and harass Peter Pan for not really knowing how to fly. -Lemmie-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:56 pm 
Son of Perdition

Philo Sofee wrote:
think of the inspirational stories for the Church News this is going to generate! Man prays for lost horse and finds it! Oooooooooo, shivers already!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMFG!

Who Helped My Horse?

Quote:
It wouldn’t have been serious except for the fact that we came to a stop with the horse lying helpless on his side in a small pool of water.

Quote:
Now what was I to do? With no one to help, I decided to pray, having been taught to do so from my childhood. . . . I especially didn’t want my horse to lie there and die, I told him. . . . I had heard missionaries tell of praying for hours before receiving the help needed.

Quote:
After several unsuccessful attempts to get myself really in tune with the Lord, and mustering all the faith I could, I sincerely and humbly asked for help or direction out of my predicament.

Quote:
This time, on getting to my feet I saw a sight that both thrilled and chilled me. On top of the steep bank down which we had slid, silhouetted against the little light still in the sky, stood my horse. My chill came from the instant reflection that he was uncatchable while free. And he was free! . . . .

My gratitude knew no bounds, and I felt that my horse was thankful too

The horse was thankful too!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II