It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: To the moderators...if there be any.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm 
God

Dear moderators,

Here is a response I made on another thread in response to someone that was asking about what was the current situation with moderators, etc.

Found at: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47060&p=1078486#p1078486

It might be well to read through that thread before reading the following.

Quote:

MG:
I have no idea how that works. I sent multiple reports on this thread since it was derailed detailing exactly what I see as the dangers of this sort of thing continually happening. It is, for all intents and purposes, gang rape...in a figurative sense. Organized and collaborative efforts to drive off and kill alternate voices. I've honestly never seen anything like what I've observed for a good period of time now. I've mentioned it over and over again, to no avail. Very few active members of the church are willing to participate here because they will be attacked/mauled if they challenged the status quo. Hate will be expressed, in literal terms. The other day, fortunately, Shades deleted a long list of pejorative descriptors aimed at me. I do appreciate that. Some folks are given a pass, others aren't. Fewer and fewer active LDS folks are given any kind of leeway at all to express their own thoughts without being ridiculed and lambasted with often filthy innuendo.

Moderators, enough is enough. This place is already an echo chamber. Has been for a long while now. Do you want to see the board a victim of gang rape mentality?

Yes, I can just leave. Others have. I can understand why, more than ever now. I haven't left up to this point because I thought there was some hope of a bit of flexibility/forgiveness, and the like between various factions...well, two factions...the believers and the non believers. Very little of that. Even from one or two folks that claim to be Christian. It's a mess.

Fix it moderators or watch the board devolve completely into a one voice, one vote board. Do you want to see that? To a large extent, this has already happened.

BTW, Zerinus is treated VERY unfairly. He's just as opinionated as many others here and speaks his voice, but he's jumped on, called names, and he doesn't deserve THAT.

In many ways, this place has indeed become a cesspool lacking in the expression of free thought and opinion. When you have people like Paul Osborn, DocCam, grindael, lemmie, and the like who actually disdain Mormonism to the extent that they will vilify and make every effort to discredit the believers...even using lying tactics and incomplete or out of context comments to create false narratives, strawmen, etc. Often calling them idiots, to paraphrase...how can conversation really take place under those conditions.

I wouldn't expect Christian behavior from folks that don't claim a belief in God or practice Christian beliefs/principles, but civil behavior would be welcome. Anyway, I've said enough. I will be berated for having said my piece. I will have my words twisted. My intent/motivation will be skewered and misstated, etc. What to do? Good question.

At this point, alternatives are very limited for me or almost any other believer that comes onto this board. Unless they're willing to acquiesce and be politically correct in whatever they say and do. It may be time, and I know I have said it before...you don't have to remind me...to find another venue to express myself in that is more civil/decent and not so prone to the gang rape mentality that has become par for the course here.

Adeiu,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45503

Post subject: Re: To the moderators...if there be any.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:56 pm 
The Outcast

Arrivederci and sayonara, MG.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 pm 
Holy Ghost

I don't know why you still act like you are hurt after all these years. Do you think it's possible to convince anyone that the church is true given the overwhelming evidence of its fraudulent beginnings and idiotic authoritarian leaders today? They are so out of touch with reality I don't know how anyone still listens to them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 pm 
God

sock puppet wrote:
Arrivederci and sayonara, MG.

Quote:
It may be time, and I know I have said it before...you don't have to remind me...to find another venue to express myself in that is more civil/decent and not so prone to the gang rape mentality that has become par for the course here.

It is my nature to give myself some flexibility/wiggle room in what I say in around these parts. People here tend towards looking at things as being either black or white. Yes or no. Believer or non-believer. Black hat or white hat.

Very judgmental.

It's always wise to make qualified statements and cover the bases. Too many folks looking to make a person an offender for a word.

I didn't say I WAS leaving. But I may. We'll see. :smile:

But I doubt that one voice in the wilderness will actually make much difference. I realize that. I don't have any grandiose expectations at all. It is what it is.

Regards,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 pm 
God

What does the word "adieu" mean?

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:18 pm 
God

Oh. So you're playing the victim now? Welp. Guess we'll see if that works for you instead of derailing, insulting, asserting, not sourcing, shifting goal posts, and generally just not participating in good faith exchanges.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

It's a Book of Mormon anachronism that means, "I'm full of it."

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:21 pm 
God

Exiled wrote:
I don't know why you still act like you are hurt after all these years.

It's actually not "hurt". Others have tried to make it out like that's what it is. It's not. It's more or less a frustration and disappointment. I think I've explained myself fairly well in my OP post on this thread and the one I linked to.

Others will probably jump in and call me something along the line of being a "whiny baby" or something of the sort. Or stupid (or any of the associated synonyms). grindael, looking at you. :wink: Truth is, not everyone IS as smart and educated as you. We ALL know that.

I'm not being a whiny baby...I just have an ongoing frustration due to the ongoing lack of understanding/forgiveness/civility. I've tried to prod things towards more productive lines of conversation...thus my somewhat bothersome:

Quote:
Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time. Rather than leading us in an unproductive/uncivil direction, you might want to add substantively to the discussion?

I've honestly hoped this would 'sink in' and we could move along into more productive conversations minus all the back biting, etc.

But to little or no avail. Mocking is the order of the day...day after day. Again, I believe THAT is why believers shy away from this place.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Oh. So you're playing the victim now? Welp. Guess we'll see if that works for you instead of derailing, insulting, asserting, not sourcing, shifting goal posts, and generally just not participating in good faith exchanges.

- Doc

Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time.

There we go again...

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

It's a Book of Mormon anachronism that means, "I'm full of it,"

- Doc

You are one of the reasons believing folks will not participate here. You are a judge,jury, and executioner. Your comment above is exactly the reason no one else besides your politically correct 'friends' are willing to have a conversation with you. You are a one sided/one dimensional character.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:29 pm 
God

One would think the neediest poster in all of Mormon Discussions, after derailing multiple threads and starting one to garner maximum attention, just in the last three days, would finally be sated.

But he's not, and he'll never be. This is it. This is his schtick. It's fun once in a while to let him play the foil, but man. This is it.

Cool.

- Doc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

Jacob 7:27.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:35 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

No answer to this, right, MG? You can't answer a straightforward question about one word that you've written?

One word?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:38 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
This is his schtick. It's fun once in a while to let him play the foil, but man. This is it.

- Doc

I don't think you read a word I said in my OP and other comments. Otherwise you wouldn't say that. I'm not playing the foil. I'm pointing out a major 'flaw' in the way this board is functioning. Leave me out of it and just read/listen to what I'm SAYING.

It's not about me. It's about the nature of free expression and civility. I'm simply the voice crying in the wilderness, so to speak. But you won't hear what I'm saying. You'll just push it back on me.

So be it. As I said, it is what it is. This place is an echo chamber of political correctness.

I thought I'd at least give it the ol' college try in my OP.

Oy vey.

And along comes Jersey to throw in her two cents by asking what adieu means.

Aarrgh. Yay for that.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 pm 
God

why is this thread in terrestrial?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:43 pm 
The Outcast

mentalgymnast wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time.

There we go again...

Regards,
MG

Mormonism 'does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time.'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
God

MG what does the word "adieu" mean?

That's the 3rd strike btw. Thought you might want to know.

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
God

RockSlider wrote:
why is this thread in terrestrial?

I suppose it's because that's where I exclusively post.That's where the recent derailed thread I linked to is at. If the moderators...if there be any...want to move it somewhere else, I'm sure they will do so.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:54 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

adieu means goodbye.

You're going to take this thread somewhere else, aren't you? You're moving towards calling me "dishonest" perhaps? Or a liar because I used the work adieu (which in my mind means, "Until we meet again"). Short term or long term.

Hey, if you really want to make a mountain out of a molehill...go right ahead. I'll even go back and edit out adieu, if it's something you're going to lose sleep over tonight. :wink:

Well,the purpose of this thread has already been hijacked...

I'm out, for now.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 pm 
God

sock puppet wrote:
Mormonism 'does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time.'

Just saw this. Jumping in quickly to say, "Truer words were never spoken."

Ok. That's all.

Adieu,
MG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:02 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

adieu means goodbye.

You're going to take this thread somewhere else, aren't you? You're moving towards calling me "dishonest" perhaps? Or a liar because I used the work adieu (which in my mind means, "Until we meet again"). Short term or long term.

Here's what I've got so far...

Adieu means goodbye. But in your mind it means "until we meet again" short term or long term.

Believe it or not, words have meaning. We use them to communicate. You are incapable of coherently explaining the meaning of...

one word.